Poshmark is looking for a talented engineer who will help develop support for a globally distributed architecture that will provide geographically local region users with the best possible experience. You will be a member of the Core Infrastructure team that builds the back end of the Poshmark Cloud Platform, an infrastructure that spans thousands of machines on AWS.
While experience working with globally distributed architectures is a huge plus, we care more about hiring people who can learn new technologies and adapt quickly.
- Explore different service architectures to help evolve the Poshmark platform
- Research, test, and develop low latency communication/RPC between various systems
- Design and improve architecture in order to ensure horizontal scalability at all layers
- Implement APIs and services for use by other developers
- Resolve issues related to performance at all tiers of the application
- Create a plan to evolve existing platform to a globally distributed architecture
- Regularly provide meaningful design feedback and code review to peers
- Identify architectural gaps and propose solutions
12+ Month Accomplishments
- Implemented or are in the process of rolling out a new globally distributed architecture that provides geographically local region users with the best possible experience
- Able to find technical solutions to large complexity problems with minimal supervision
- Can work independently as well as lead small teams to execute on large complexity projects
- 6+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- You have experience working with globally distributed architectures
- You have worked on and/or understand distributed systems and large scale engineering challenges
- You are familiar with either SQL or NoSQL databases and know how to scale them
- You have experience debugging complex problems across an entire stack
- Experience with any of: JRuby, Ruby, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, AMQP, Java, and *nix environments
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 70 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, and Australia is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.