Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and fun.
The Associate Director of Corporate Communications is essential to our success. You will be responsible for strengthening Poshmark’s reputation as a leading social marketplace that’s shaping the future of retail. You will set and execute the media strategy for all business and financial communications, develop messaging and drive industry thought leadership around the company’s strategic growth drivers, and support executive communications. We are seeking a strategic advisor and battle-tested media relations expert who can translate Poshmark’s business strategies, mission and values into impactful communications.
- Manage Poshmark’s corporate reputation through proactive and reactive communications
- Develop and manage proactive communications strategies to strengthen Poshmark’s reputation as a leader in social commerce and build awareness and understanding through strategic brand positioning, industry thought leadership, and media relations.
- Strategically tell Poshmark’s story through owned content, including speeches, editorial bylines, white papers, etc. and earned channels, including feature stories, external forums, and day-to-day media relationships.
- Enhance Poshmark’s employer brand externally through executive communications and initiatives focusing on culture, values, and purpose.
- Support public policy and advocacy efforts to protect Poshmark’s license to operate, including collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to shape Poshmark’s strategy and position.
- Advise and coach spokespersons to enhance their storytelling skills and impact; prepare senior management for media interviews and public announcements.
- Manage corporate narrative and reactive communications related to crisis/issues management to mitigate reputational impact.
- Serve as a company spokesperson.
- Lead day-to-day execution of Poshmark’s corporate media strategy, focusing on business and financial communications
- Develop and execute corporate media strategies to raise Poshmark’s profile among key industry and stakeholders; Build and foster industry, trade and business media relationships.
- Translate company strategy and performance into compelling messages that draw attention to areas of differentiation and competitive advantage among key business and financial audiences.
- Lead media relations and corporate communications for all financial events, including: quarterly earnings, annual shareholder meeting, investor days, annual report, disclosures and filings.
- Partner closely with finance, investor relations and legal on key financial and investor news moments.
- Work directly with our senior executives to advise on communications and maintain understanding of corporate strategy in support of external communications.
- Demonstrate strong business and financial acumen and understanding of broader communications and industry trends.
- Support team operations to deliver world-class communications results
- Set clear goals and lead strategic planning for corporate communications activities on both an annual and quarterly basis
- Monitor message pull-through and measure message effectiveness and impact on a monthly basis and adapt programs as necessary to deliver goals.
- Support members of the communications team and other areas within the communications organization as necessary, including internal communications, product launches/news, and international.
- Engage with Poshmark’s data team to understand metrics and trends that may be used to shape or strengthen communications efforts.
- Manage external vendors, including agency resources.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications/PR or related discipline.
- 8-10 years of experience in communications and proven track record in financial, corporate and/or brand communications, inclusive of external and internal communications.
- Corporate communications experience at a public company preferable; Mix of agency and in-house experience preferable.
- IPO and/or M&A experience preferable.
- Experience in the fashion, retail or another consumer-facing industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Expertise in media relations and high comfort level working with the media (proactively and reactively).
- Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills with the ability to partner effectively across functions.
- Excellent project management skills; comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; ability to manage several initiatives at once.
- Grace under fire: Performs well under pressure and consistently meets deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to present complex business ideas, strategies and results at the senior executive level.
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of core business and financial metrics; good knowledge of current affairs.
- Confident, energetic, and self-starting with an interest in technology, fashion, and culture.
- Strategic, critical and creative thinking skills; Sound judgment and impeccable discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Understanding of communications measurement.
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 70 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, and Australia is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.