Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and fun.
As the Senior Manager of Consumer PR, you will be a key member of Poshmark’s marketing team, responsible for building strong relationships with consumer media, influencers, bloggers, and industry experts as part of our efforts to grow brand awareness, strengthen understanding of our social marketplace, and proliferate Poshmark’s mission to put people at the heart of commerce. You will be familiar with Poshmark’s social shopping experience and key differentiators to help shape a compelling and exciting story for the future of shopping.
- Lead and execute Poshmark’s consumer PR strategy, including strategic community engagement communications
- Oversee day-to-day consumer communications to help achieve company goals.
- Build Poshmark’s brand awareness and generate excitement around social shopping through strategic and proactive consumer PR programs and strategic community engagement communications.
- Drive creative and impactful consumer PR campaigns to engage key audiences around product launches, marketing initiatives, celebrity partnerships, and broad community engagement initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to identify key trends (industry/broad consumer marketplace) and opportunities to advance Poshmark’s business priorities.
- Partner closely with internal and external stakeholders to seamlessly and successfully execute campaigns involving celebrities and high-profile partners.
- Lead strategy and execution of all consumer press events and engagements.
- Partner closely with international teams to execute consumer PR programs across multiple countries.
- Align PR strategies with business milestones and work in close partnership with internal stakeholders across marketing, community, and product to ensure timelines, budgets, and deliverables meet the needs of the business.
- Advise and coach spokespersons to enhance their storytelling skills and impact; prepare senior management for media interviews.
- Guide and manage external PR agency partners.
- Serve as a company spokesperson.
- Develop content and creative assets to bring Poshmark’s story to life
- Develop key messaging framework, press materials, and creative assets to tell Poshmark’s story across multiple audiences and channels.
- Spearhead the creation of a sustainable framework and process for regular trendspotting and data reports to drive thought leadership and news cycles around Poshmark’s deep insights.
- Partner with Poshmark’s design team to develop compelling visual assets, including infographics, videos, and media collateral.
- Develop authentic and thoughtful communications for the Poshmark community, including CEO messages, executive engagement events, and broad community updates aimed at keeping our community informed, engaged, and supported.
- Build and maintain strong media and influencer relationships
- Develop strong, mutually beneficial relationships with key journalists and media outlets.
- Identify key influencer audiences and build ongoing engagement to foster relationships.
- Manage inbound media queries related to consumer PR program and support broader media air traffic control as necessary.
- Support team operations to deliver world-class communications results
- Set clear goals and lead strategic planning for consumer PR activities on both an annual and quarterly basis; Manage annual and quarterly reporting process to assess and measure results and impact of PR programs.
- Monitor message pull-through and measure message effectiveness and impact on a monthly basis and adapt programs as necessary to deliver goals.
- Support members of the communications team and other areas within the communications organization as necessary, including internal communications, product launches/news, and international.
- Engage with Poshmark’s data team to understand metrics and trends that may be used to shape or strengthen consumer PR efforts.
- Manage external vendors, including agency resources.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications/PR or related discipline.
- 7+ years of experience in a progressive communications/public relations position within a fast-moving business environment and proven track record in brand/consumer communications.
- Mix of agency and in-house experience preferable.
- Experience in the fashion, retail or another consumer-facing industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Expertise in media relations and high comfort level working with the media (proactively and reactively).
- Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills with the ability to partner effectively across functions.
- Excellent project management skills; comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; ability to manage several initiatives at once.
- Grace under fire: Performs well under pressure and consistently meets deadlines.
- Creative, visionary thinker who loves to make the impossible possible.
- Strong business acumen and good knowledge of current affairs.
- Confident, energetic, and self-starting with an interest in technology, fashion, and culture.
- Strategic, critical and creative thinking skills; Sound judgment and impeccable discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Understanding of communications measurement.
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 70 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, and Australia is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.