Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and fun.
We are looking for a seasoned engineering leader to help launch Poshmark in multiple countries. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for managing and growing a team of engineers focused on global integrations, shipping and local features required for a country. You will also work with a cross-functional team including Product and Core Commerce to identify new opportunities and build solutions to enable new shipping and commerce experiences.
While familiarity with our stack is a plus, we care more about hiring people who can learn new technologies and adapt quickly.
- Hire and mentor a team of highly talented engineers responsible for building scalable solutions to launch in new countries.
- Design and improve architecture in order to ensure we can expand rapidly to multiple countries.
- Partner & coordinate with local companies for shipping, taxes and payouts in each country.
- Develop best practices and tools to enable robust delivery of features.
- Integrate into Team Posh — you will focus on building out your working network and get connected with your immediate group, the wider engineering team and the cross-functional teams including Product Management, Core Platform, Data Analytics and Marketplace Operations.
- Learn our product and technology stack — get familiar with various parts of Poshmark’s Cloud Platform code base and infrastructure.
- Lead a team — you will directly manage and grow a team of engineers focused on launching Poshmark in new countries.
- Identify & implement country-specific features based on local laws & culture.
- Gain execution independence — lead the implementation of new features with a high degree of independence.
12+ Month Accomplishments
- Build domain expertise and ownership — become technically knowledgeable in the area of Shipping and International Expansion so you can support and grow that area.
- Build out and plan a strategy for technical improvements and operational efficiencies while balancing and servicing the product roadmap.
- Focus on growing your team — mentor and groom the emerging leaders on your team, and recruit new talent.
- 7+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- Hands-on technical experience combined with strong management skills.
- Experience with recruiting and scaling a team of engineers.
- Relevant engineering experience in e-commerce and shipping -- built prior integrations for shipping, bank payouts & order processing.
- Solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience communicating effectively with cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Proven skills in managing the full software development lifecycle with experience in any or all of: Ruby, JRuby, Java, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Linux
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 70 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, and Australia is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values:
1) Focus on People to create empowered communities that drive success;
2) Together we Grow to support each other to strive for our dreams;
3) Lead with Love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and
4) Embrace your Weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey.
We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and development
- Competitive salary
- Company sponsored insurance
- Smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Healthy and exciting catered lunches, snacks and beverages offered daily
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
- Fun company happy hours, parties, and offsite events
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.