Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and fun.
Poshmark is looking for a talented and creative Senior Software Engineer, iOS. If you are someone who loves creating mobile applications that have a simple user interface and solid code, and are passionate about developing new user experiences, solving difficult problems, and creating delightful solutions, this is a perfect job for you! You have the unique opportunity to play a critical part in defining and building the perfect experience for millions, developing scalable, well-designed software that enhances people’s lives globally. Join our world-class team and help build the future of Poshmark.
This position is a full-time role located in Chennai, India.
- Architect, build, iterate, and manage our iOS mobile application.
- Able to own and deliver a feature independently.
- Partner closely with our design, product, and engineering teams to produce a feature that flows seamlessly and works intuitively.
- Able to understand the requirements and come up with estimates, write high quality, maintainable and unit-testable code.
- Own important pieces of the product that have high visibility both internally and externally.
- Get familiar with Poshmark’s ecosystem and tools
- Contributing to Poshmark’s iOS feature development
- Have a good collaboration within the team. Also, with other teams like Product, Design, QA, DevOps
- Should participate in technical discussions, code reviews, and provide valuable inputs to other Team members.
12+ Month Accomplishments
- Drive feature development independently
- Provide ideas/changes to improve ios application code.
- Mentor a fellow developer.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong foundation in the fundamentals of programming, data structures, algorithms, and software design optimized for mobile systems.
- 4+ years of relevant SWE experience with experience developing iOS apps (Preferably, apps released into the AppStore)
- Experience in Swift, Objective C, and XCode.
- Experience in using software design patterns. (MVVM)
- Proficiency in Multi-threading and performance & memory optimization
- Experience in writing unit test cases.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Experience in using RESTful APIs
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 70 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, and Australia is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values:
1) Focus on People to create empowered communities that drive success;
2) Together we Grow to support each other to strive for our dreams;
3) Lead with Love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and
4) Embrace your Weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey.
We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and development
- Competitive salary
- Company sponsored insurance
- Smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Healthy and exciting catered lunches, snacks and beverages offered daily
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
- Fun company happy hours, parties, and offsite events
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.