Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and fun.
The Big Data team is a central player in the Poshmark organization. Our mission is to build a world-class big data platform to bring value out of data for us and for our customers. Our goal is to democratize data, support exploding business, provide reporting and analytics self-service tools, and fuel existing and new business critical initiatives.
The Data Engineering team at Poshmark is looking for an experienced software engineer to take care of Poshmak’s data lake, ensuring real-time access to quality data for all the stakeholders. The role requires excellent software development skills to build and maintain real-time and batch data pipelines with a focus on scalability and optimizations. In addition, the role also requires collaborating with Data Science, Analytics and other Engineering teams to build newer ETLs analyzing terabytes of data.
- Build highly scalable, available, fault-tolerant data processing systems using AWS technologies, MapReduce, Hive, Kafka, Spark, and other big data technologies. These systems should handle batch and real-time data processing over 10s of terabytes of data ingested every day and petabyte-sized data warehouse.
- Responsible for taking care of some of the most critical data pipelines at Poshmark.
- Productionizing ML models in collaboration with the Data Science and other Engineering teams.
- Participate in architecture discussions, influence product roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility over new projects.
- Maintain and support existing platforms and evolve to newer technology stacks and architectures.
- Create WBS (Work breakdown structure) for projects and execute them, taking full ownership, with minimal guidance.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- Excellent technical problem solving using data structures and algorithms, with emphasis on optimization and code quality.
- Experience in building highly scalable solutions in data storage, real-time analysis and reporting for multi-terabyte data sets.
- Expertise architecting and building large-scale data processing systems using Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Hbase, Spark, Storm, Kafka, Druid, Flink etc.
- Participate and contribute to constantly improving best practices in development.
- Be self-driven, take complete ownership of initiatives, make pragmatic technical decisions and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Strong understanding of object oriented design and patterns.
- Flexible and open to trying out newer technologies and adopting them as and when needed.
Technologies : Scala / Java / Python / C++ / SQL / Apache Spark, Hadoop, AWS S3, Redshift / Postgresql, Kinesis, EMR, Apache Airflow, Jenkins.
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 70 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, and Australia is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values:
1) Focus on People to create empowered communities that drive success;
2) Together we Grow to support each other to strive for our dreams;
3) Lead with Love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and
4) Embrace your Weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey.
We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and development
- Competitive salary
- Company sponsored insurance
- Smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Healthy and exciting catered lunches, snacks and beverages offered daily
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
- Fun company happy hours, parties, and offsite events
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.