Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and fun.
Big Data team is a central player in the Poshmark organization. Our mission is to build a world-class big data platform to bring value out of data for us and for our customers. Our goal is to democratize data, support exploding business, build data and ML pipelines to fuel existing and new business critical initiatives.
This position will be responsible for designing, developing & maintaining growth data pipeline and integrating external advertising platforms like Facebook, Google etc to drive insights for business growth. The role requires to partner with Data Scientists, Analysts, Marketing and Growth campaign managers. In addition, this role involves making an impact by driving continuous improvements in moving, aggregating, profiling, sampling, testing and analyzing terabytes of data.
- Brainstorm, design and implement new user acquisition channels for the marketplace using a highly iterative and data-oriented approach.
- Enhance and optimize the existing user acquisition channel data pipelines, both via paid advertising and organically.
- Work closely with the business, product and engineering stakeholders focused on growth to have a direct impact on revenue.
- Design and code highly scalable, data applications processing large volumes of data.
- Collaborate with multiple teams - data science, business, engineering and help deliver Data products across the company.
- Develop best practices and tools to enable robust delivery of features
- Design and improve architecture in order to ensure horizontal scalability at all layers
- 3+ years of overall software development experience.
- Great coding skills and strong software development experience with Big Data technologies and hands on coding experience
- Understanding of distributed systems, and large scale engineering challenges is plus.
- Able to deliver complex projects end-to-end.
- Technical skills (Preferred)
- Ability to think abstractly and ability to challenge the status quo.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross functionally.
Technologies we use
- Ruby, Scala, Python, Google Apps Script
- MongoDB, Redshift, Druid
- Airflow, Jenkins
- Spark, Hadoop, Kinesis
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 70 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, and Australia is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values:
1) Focus on People to create empowered communities that drive success;
2) Together we Grow to support each other to strive for our dreams;
3) Lead with Love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and
4) Embrace your Weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey.
We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and development
- Competitive salary
- Company sponsored insurance
- Smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Healthy and exciting catered lunches, snacks and beverages offered daily
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
- Fun company happy hours, parties, and offsite events
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.