Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and fun.
The ideal Strategic Finance Manager, FP&A...
Will lead Poshmark’s strategic and financial planning function to support the rapid growth of the Company. You will enable executive and Board-level as well as tactical decision making for the company through execution and coordination of financial modeling and interpretation of key business and financial trends. If you possess both exceptional technical & interpersonal skills and want to use this unique combination to influence the strategy and success of a high-growth tech startup, we encourage you to apply.
- Lead multi-geo financial forecasting and reporting in coordination with the revenue team
- Partner with leadership across the company to provide actionable business insights and recommendations from the quantitative perspective
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of complex bottom-up forecasting models, while improving predictive accuracy and furthering the automation of these models
- Guide external reporting in collaboration with IR team
- Lead headcount and other cost planning, including developing budgets, tracking and explaining variance, and delivering clear and actionable recommendations for cost optimization
- Manage the development and integration of incremental models as we expand the business, as well as build out the cost planning and allocation function for any new geographies
- Own balance sheet and cash flow forecasting
- Develop a firm grasp of Poshmark’s key business metrics and their drivers; proactively identify changes in trends and be able to explain underlying causes
- Present synthesized analysis and insights from short term and long term strategic projects to senior management
- Take headcount and cost planning to the next level by automating and improving on current processes to increase cost predictability and improve planning efficiency
12+ Month Accomplishments:
- Partner cross-functionally with teams within the organization to solve business problems, and develop a strong relationship with the stakeholders
- Proactively identify and drive new initiatives/projects to increase operational efficiencies and support rapid growth
- Cultivate strong team dynamics and effectiveness in furtherance of achieving both company goals and the professional goals of your team member(s)
Minimum Skills and Experience:
- BS/BA in Finance, Economics, Engineering or similar
- 5-7 years in Banking, Management Consulting and/or Finance
- Experience managing and developing a team and a passion for mentorship
- An advanced understanding of corporate financial planning, modeling, reporting and analysis
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and constantly seeking to understand the “why” of any business trend
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, growing and ambiguous environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills and ability to collaborate constructively with, and influence, business partners
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in startup or high-growth company corporate finance
- Experience with Anaplan or similar planning tools
- Experience in or understanding of e-commerce and/or marketplace business models
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 70 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, and Australia is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.