We are looking for experienced, software engineer to lead the rapid growth of our Core Platform and marketplace. As a Software Engineer, Core Platform, you will be responsible for building and running a high-traffic and fast-growing site -- the Poshmark community currently creates a new listing every 2 seconds and generates millions of likes, comments, and shares every single day. Help us push the limits of cloud-based technologies to accelerate our explosive growth.
- Help build an application and service delivery platform on top of a distributed cloud architecture, using a combination of NoSQL data solutions, Queueing technologies, and Search infrastructure.
- Design, architect and implement new product features for the marketplace using a highly iterative and data-oriented approach.
- Build, analyze, tune and enhance the core components of the Poshmark product and cloud platform that powers millions of e-commerce transactions.
- Work closely with the product & customer support teams to have a direct impact on our growing business.
Desired Skills :
- Solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- 0-3 years of relevant software engineering experience.
- Experience creating web-based APIs and REST APIs
- Understanding of issues related to scalability and performance at all tiers of the application.
- Experience with NoSQL data solutions is a plus
- BE or MS in Computer Science or related discipline
- User-oriented focus and obsession with quality
Poshmark is a leading social commerce platform for the next generation of retailers and shoppers. Through technology, our mission is to build the world’s most connected shopping experience, while empowering people to build thriving retail businesses. Since launching in 2011, Poshmark has become a vibrant social shopping community with seven million Seller Stylists helping 50 million users discover items they love from over 100 million items. The company is backed by the world’s leading investment firms including Mayfield, Menlo Ventures, GGV Capital, Temasek, Inventus Capital, Uncork Capital, Union Grove Venture Partners, Shea Ventures and AngelList. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, or find us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.
About us :
We’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
We built Poshmark around four core values:
1) Focus on People to create empowered communities that drive success;
2) Together we Grow to support each other to strive for our dreams;
3) Lead with Love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and
4) Embrace your Weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey.
We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Healthy and exciting catered lunches, snacks and beverages
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
- Fun company happy hours, parties, and offsite events
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.