Social Media Marketing Coordinator
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip—a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device—was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014, and 165 millionth sold in 2019. PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and fun products.
In 2020, PopSockets was named the Best Company (of our size) to Work for in Colorado by ICC and ColoradoBiz Magazine, after being a runner up in 2019. We were also named on Built In Colorado’s list of Best Midsize Places to work in 2020. We were Inc. 5000's second fastest growing company in the US for 2018, with a 71,424% percent of sales increase over the previous three years.
This role will support and strengthen our brand’s customer facing voice and persona across social media handles. You will be the owner of PopSockets’ social presence on specific handles and feeds and will help to inform, editorialize and develop our content strategies that are aligned with our annual brand and product marketing calendar. You will have the unique opportunity to leave your mark in the customer dialogue, grow our social audience and drive our engagement targets. A close relationship with our paid media and ecommerce team and wholesale partners will enable you to see the execution turning into the revenue stream.
- Help establish and execute our social media strategy to meet business and brand objectives including audience development, community management and revenue generation.
- Create the content strategies, bring the content to life in the content calendar through clutter breaking tactics, and execute them daily.
- Guard the brand reputation, secure and manage the brand’s voice and and make sure there is a customer first approach in place through careful management of communities.
- Make sure that the social strategy and tactics are aligned with the annual product marketing and campaign calendar and that it is aligned with the global communication strategy.
- Work closely with the paid media team to ensure that organic and paid social tactics feel cohesive and that both opportunities are maximized with engaging creative and content.
- Be the owner of community management on specific feeds (with additional support) and optimize the workflows, strategies and content through daily pulse on metrics and insights.
- Feed dashboards, key insights, data driven suggestions and KPI’s for the business success to management weekly basis.
- Help to identify micro, macro and other potential opportunities to work with influencers and PR.
- Create and coordinate related presentations for internal and external business sensitive stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with the brand marketing team and creative team when developing go to market strategies for existing and new product launches, brand campaigns and other creative needs for social feeds.
- Lead the preparation of briefs and work back schedules.
- Minimum 2-3 years of proven track record with consumer brands for managing hands on multiple social media handles inc. including some or all of Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest and TikTok and driving strong community growth respectively.
- Having a solid understanding of social media landscape, the qualities of engaging content and how to create content strategy, how to cascade that into a content plan and how to execute.
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills.
- Knowledge of media platforms, algorithms and how to operate in that environment to deliver the brand communication goals.
- Strong asset set in driving paid media programs including campaign types, targeting etc.
- Love of and aptitude for data and insights, continually using to adjust and optimize strategy
- You know what it takes to sell your ideas to your audience and enjoy seeing them taking off.
- Good understanding of internet marketing.
- Team player at heart, who is able to adapt and work on multiple projects at the same time, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Close attention to detail and adherence to timelines.
- Expertise of consumer tech- fashion- and lifestyle brands a plus.
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.