Senior Automation Engineer
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. People know us best for the PopGrip, a collapsible grip and stand that provides a secure, one-handed way to hold any mobile device. But we're always hard at work inventing new, expressive, extremely fun products that serve a functional need and help do some good in the world. From PopWallet and PopMounts, to PopPower chargers and an expanding line of beauty products, we're tireless in our pursuit of the company's mission to create empowering, customizable, magical products for our customers to enjoy.
Senior Automation Engineer
We at PopSockets LLC (PopSockets.com) would like to hire a Senior Automation Engineer to lead system acquisitions for production process optimization. We’re looking for someone who has a track record of successfully launching new production systems utilizing project management and problem solving to direct system design and implementation for production ramp up at multiple contract manufacturers. The successful candidate will be a seasoned and passionate engineer eager to expand and share their technical capability. Our product portfolio is continually growing and requires unique automation solutions to achieve high-volume low-cost manufacturing across the globe. We’re also looking for a conscientious, friendly person -- we are fun but hard-working, and we're looking for someone with similar spirit. We value people with positive energy, and we strive to have our workplace be someplace that you're excited to go to in the morning.
Working semi independently and with Contract Manufacturers, the Senior Automation Engineer will own the elevation of our production capabilities through advancing automation. The successful candidate will inspire and enable the contract manufacturers to meet project deliverables and maintain accurate communications with HQ team members. The Senior Automation Engineer will report into the Operations Engineering group and will be responsible for developing and implementing solutions to achieve cost, capacity, and quality targets for all production sites through collaboration with contract manufactures and outsourced automation system design.
The responsibilities will include:
- The conception of new production equipment and solutions to optimize existing production processes and equipment
- Identifying opportunities for improvements relative to cost, quality, and lead time
- Developing and articulate system architecture which meets performance and investment requirements
- Establishing the scope of work with clear, enforceable system requirements
- Reviewing proposals and recommend solutions or improvements to system design
- Leading installation, debugging, and ramp-up at contract manufacturing sites
- Measure, report, and enforce quality metrics at contract manufacturers
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues at contract manufacturers
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automation Engineering, or similar
- Project management experience and experience maintaining several projects simultaneously
- Ability to conduct and apply financial analysis for project scoping and proposal selection
- 10 years of experience in Controls/Automation projects including a leadership role in a major automation project
- Confident communication skills both up and down an organization including the ability to accurately convey technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Direct experience with all phases of system acquisition including definition/design/deployment into a production environment
- Practical knowledge of statistical process control and familiarity with fundamental Quality System principles including practical use of root cause analysis and closed loop corrective action tools
- Basic understanding of electronic product design and manufacturing processes including SMT assembly and troubleshooting through final test and proper handling/packaging of completed consumer electronic product
- Ability to read, decipher, and critique code in a variety of control languages including DCS, PLC, SCADA/HMI and MES systems.
- Excellent organization for documentation and record keeping
- Ability to travel up to 50% including USA(WI, IA, IL, CO, CA), Mexico, and occasionally in SE Asia.
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.