PR & Communication Marketing Manager, EMEA
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip—a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device—was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014 and the 100 millionth sold in 2018. PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and fun products.
PopSockets was named one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado in 2018 and also listed as Inc. 5000's second fastest growing company in the US, with a 71,424% percent of sales increase over the last three years.
This role is based in our EMEA HQ in Tampere Finland to support and strengthen our brand’s internal and external voice and persona through product launches, brand campaigns, always on press office activities, media pitches and be working with a unique fast paced influencer marketing program. Eventually you are ready to take our share of voice in earned and in word of mouth media outlets to supreme thanks to your strong experience and self-leading traits.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global success and growth story where you have plenty of opportunities to support the continuous growth across the region and where your contribution and work carried out are to be engaged by millions of people.
We appraise entrepreneurial and independent, initiative taking mindset while innovative and passionate attitude is key to success. Hence you will be able to shape your work and contribute to the overall success of the team and of the company in an open, encouraging, energetic and supportive environment.
- Set and deliver the regional brand’s communication strategy in conjunction with global direction our evergreen content and share of voice while developing the right angles and talking points to break through the clutter for campaign specific GTM executions
- Develop, fully integrated campaigns, hand in hand with the EMEA marketing managers
- Make sure that the PR and Comm’s strategy and tactics are aligned with the EMEA annual product marketing and campaign calendar and that it is aligned with the global communication strategy
- Create tier 1 media relationships and initiate product seeding programs with right pitching angles
- Manage relationships, recruit and manage boutique agencies
- create corporate, seasonal and regional press releases and with on time delivery
- Build strategic and effective KOL and influencer programs both for evergreen and for campaigns with lasting relationships that will amplify the brand voice and digital footprint
- Create and coordinate related sales support material / collateral, presentations for internal and external business sensitive stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with EMEA marketing and brand team, sales and retail / wholesale partners and agency when developing go to market strategies for existing and new product launches and brand campaigns for successful consumer communication
- Secure business rationale, KPI’s and PL with efficient quarterly budget management and allocation. Obtain and compare quotes, issue PO's and ensure projects are invoiced and paid based on budget allocation.
- Lead the preparation of briefs and work back schedules.
- Deliver timely reporting on press- and influencer office with benchmarks and best practices
- Run the business by numbers - align on the set KPI’s for the business success and deliver on the dashboards with regular updates over the performance to the management team
- Minimum 4 years of proven track record for managing media and agency relationships inc. press office and communication strategies, with focus on securing editorial coverage and on brand content through content partnerships.
- Experience in writing press releases, copy writing and media relationship management
- Experience in developing and executing proactive and effective influencer and ambassadors engagement programs with measurable KPI’s
- Routines and experience in leading the function by numbers, you have a solid KPI centricity
- Tested ability to provide council and strategic direction to business leaders and manage reactive crisis communication
- Passion and expertise of consumer tech- fashion- and lifestyle communications (PR, Influencer relations and Social Media, content creation), with a focus on Europe.
- A good understanding of Integrated Marketing, collaborating to drive scale with other functions
- You have experience and good understanding in media intelligence and monitoring tools, press release publishing and media data base services (e.g. Meltwater, Klear, Cision)
- A team player at heart, who is able to adapt and work in teams across cultures and geographies and on multiple projects at the same time, in a fast-paced, international environment.
- Manages time exceptionally well, plans and executes multiple projects, and balances priorities
- Ability to think strategically and creatively with confidence and speed in execution
- Excellent communication and presentations skills in public facing
- You have excellent written and oral English skills. French and / or German language excellence is appreciated.
- Your professional background is preferably in the consumer packed goods, fashion and lifestyle brands or you have a strong agency background with experience from numerous of brands in the field.
- Bachelor or masters degree in marketing, communications or journalism
- Ability to travel occasionally / when needed
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.