Business Partner Integration Engineer
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip—a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device—was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014 and the 100 millionth sold in 2018. PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and fun products.
PopSockets was named one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado in 2018 and also listed as Inc. 5000's second fastest growing company in the US, with a 71,424% percent of sales increase over the last three years.
For more information on what it’s like to work at PopSockets, check out: https://www.builtincolorado.com/company/popsockets-llc
This new IT position will lead both strategic planning and day-to-day management of systems integration across the internal and external enterprise. Success in this role is measured by the timely, accurate and error-free flow of key business data across systems to support order management, inventory accuracy, financial reconciliation and availability of data for business intelligence. The ideal candidate is a business-savvy developer with proven experience architecting web services interfaces, creating ETL connections and defining data management best practices.
- Frequent collaboration with third-party partners and regular travel to partner sites globally to support requirements definition and joint development of integration projects.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and development team members to achieve business results. Work closely with other engineers to integrate databases and business applications with other internal or third party applications.
- Supports data flows between business applications and provides solutions for managing and integrating data between operational systems, data repositories, and reporting and analytical applications. This includes but is not limited to ETL, APIs, stored procedures, Enterprise Integration Patterns, EDI, views, and functions.
- Writes functional design documents, creates/maintains EDI maps and specifications, troubleshoots complex EDI failures, works with external EDI partners, and tests interconnected systems.
- Recommends and provides guidance regarding data integration and database development, best practices, and standards to the development team members as needed.
- Create and propose technical design documentation which includes current and future functionality, database objects affected, specifications, and flows/diagrams to detail the proposed database and/or Data Integration implementation.
- Should be able to develop a good understanding of the business processes and be prepared to recommend related technology platforms in future.
- Participates in industry and other professional networks to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends and best practices in order to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
- Investigates and troubleshoots production issues.
- Works continually on improving performance of source code using industry standard methodologies
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university: Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics)
- Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have extensive experience with CRMs, ERPs and Ecommerce platforms.
- Hands-on experience with these technologies preferred; MySQL, AWS/Azure, MS Dynamics NAV, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Ruby on Rails, SPS Commerce, Snowflake, Looker
- Enterprise ERP DataFlows and connectors
- Data mapping and cleansing
- Data flow design and implementation
- 3+ years Data Integration technologies and principles
- Advanced knowledge of various CDP and ERP integrations in regards to inventory management.
- Experience with index design SQL performance tuning techniques
- Experience integrating data from structured and unstructured formats: flat files, XML, EDI, JSON, EXCEL
- Scripting language skills, to aid with juggling files, directories, users, and permission issues that can complicate ETL. Experience with popular scripting languages for ETL include Python, Perl, or Bash.
- Working knowledge and experience in online transactional (OLTP) processing and analytical processing (OLAP) databases and schemas
- Basic understanding of object oriented programming
- Experience in distributed architectures such as Microservices, SOA, and RESTful APIs
- Willing to travel globally, up to 50% of time.