- Responsible for establishing overall continuous integration processes and associated procedures.
- Responsible for building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Assist in developing and maintain documentation for all DevOps processes and procedures.
- Responsible for documenting the standard operating procedures related to the boundaries of responsibility of the position.
- Collaborate with development and IT teams to automate production.
- Participate in an agile development process alongside developers and to support the systems.
- Work with internal groups to setup and maintain QA, Dev and Production environments.
- Work with the security team to ensure compliance requirements are applied in the continuous integration processes.
- Create and maintain ad-hoc application environments for the team.
- Monitor the health of our production and QA environments.
- Collect and report on operational metrics for SLA reporting and capacity planning.
- Responsible for basic patches and system administration, ongoing.
- Experience in Azure Technologies such as Azure Networking, Scale Sets, Traffic Manager, Cosmos DB, API management, Function App, Redis etc.
- Windows administration experience and/or exposure. (Active Directory administration experience a plus.
- Experience in IaC way of deployments using Azure Resource Manager (ARM) and Kubernetes or Terraform
- Experience with database tuning, administration, system performance using SQL a plus
- Understanding of the entire CI/CD process, ability to design new CI/CD pipeline architecture and process
- A working understanding of code and script, ability to understand and apply to security requirements.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Ability to clearly and confidently explain complex technical issues in simple and understandable terms.
- Self-starter with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to embrace repetitive tasks with enthusiasm and attention to detail.
- The ability to work in an environment that present tight timelines and high expectations.
- Must be able to adapt quickly to ever changing requirements and priorities.
- Ability to effectively network, participate in and lead matrixed teams, and develop key working relationships.
- Available 24x7 for Production support and participate in monthly maintenance and product releases.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT-oriented degree program or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years DevOps experience.
- Experience with task automation using off-the-shelf tools and/or customized scripts preferred.
- 4+ years of work experience working in Azure cloud environments
- Experience managing automated build, continuous testing and integration systems and infrastructure supporting applications in a production environment preferred.
- Experience with Jenkins Bitbucket, Artifactory, Serverless Framework, Service Fabric and Docker (preferred).
- Understanding of code or experience as a developer a plus. (e.g. .Net, Java, NodeJS, NPM, Python, Perl, SQL)
- Understanding Azure compliance and security best practices.
- Azure Administrator Associate or Azure Developer Associate (Required) and DevOps Engineer Expert (a plus) certifications.
About SmartSpace Global, a Four Winds Interactive Company
SmartSpace Global, a Four Winds Interactive (FWI) company, is the leading provider of resource scheduling applications for the corporate workplace. At the heart of the SmartSpace solution is our powerful workplace platform, connecting six integrated modules, all via a user-friendly mobile app. This is an exciting time for us, having recently joined the FWI family and with some fantastic opportunities ahead. We’ve got a bold vision to change the way the world uses Smart technology and this role offers the opportunity of being a part of this.
With 6,000+ clients and over 500,000 screens deployed, FWI’s software platform drives Visual Communications to millions of people every day, all over the world.
We are a values-driven organisation that encourages our employees to bring their authentic self to work every day and empowers everyone to make a tangible impact on our products, clients and culture. Our employees are passionate about their craft, but they are also parents, skiers, comedians, runners, animal lovers, foodies and phenomenal human beings who appreciate our dedication to providing a healthy work/life balance.
About FWI & Poppulo:
In March 2021, Four Winds Interactive (FWI), a leader in enterprise digital signage and workplace experience software, and Poppulo, a leader in email and mobile employee communication software, joined together to become the leading global employee communications provider for today’s world of work. Backed by Vista Equity Partners, our pioneering software and expert advisory services are transforming internal communications, creating more connected, aligned and successful organizations all over the world.
People are at the heart of everything we do, and we believe that an engaged workforce aligned behind a common purpose can transform the performance of any organization. That belief gives us our core purpose and mission: to create groundbreaking products and services that make organizations great by releasing the power of their people and putting employee communications at the heart of everything we do.
At Poppulo, we have been names a Great Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 , we are one of the fastest growing technology companies in Ireland. We are the leading vendor of sophisticated communication software designed specifically for the needs of internal communicators within large enterprises across the globe. Poppulo is trusted by over 400 blue-chip and FTSE 100 organizations throughout the world, helping many leading institutions inform, engage and inspire their employees. Customers include Boston Scientific, Telefonica, Rolls-Royce, Nestle, Experian and Johnson Controls.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.