Our partner, Four Winds Interactive is seeking a Database Administrator to join their team today. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining high performance, high availability, and business recovery planning of database environments across the organization. Responsible for installing database subsystems using industry best practices related to security, performance, and manageability. Accountable for maintaining service level agreements as defined by IT Management. Responsible for resolving database issues by creating & installing fixes with vendors.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. We encourage you to apply for a position with FWI even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements. We believe in fostering an environment where there are a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive.
- Collaborate closely with the development team to build new features and evolve our platform.
- Tune the database and application queries to achieve consistent optimal performance.
- Use a variety of monitoring and APM tools to ensure the health of the database and the system overall.
- Maintain backup and recovery processes to meet established disaster recovery plan objectives.
- Handle internal escalations from customer facing teams to support customer requests requiring ad-hoc reports or data changes.
- Maintain database security controls to meet HIPAA/HITRUST requirements.
- Champion database change automation in the CI/CD pipeline to enable reliable, rapid, and effortless releases to production.
- Be a key voice in how we architect our solutions.
- Play a key role in evaluating and integrating new data persistence technologies into the FWI Platform architecture.
- 4+ years Information Technology experience.
- 2+ years functioning as a database administrator.
- 3+ years of experience in MySQL, NoSQL (Mongo) or AWS-based database solutions (Aurora, DynamoDB)
- 3+ years’ experience implementing and administering cloud solutions on AWS platforms.
- 2+ years’ experience implementing and administering AWS RDS.
- Strong expertise in AWS specifically in compute, database, storage, and security services
- Thorough understanding of architectural elements required to support large AWS cloud installations and maintain high availability.
- Proficient in writing SQL and stored procedures.
- Computer Science degree or similar education
- Excitement for technology and helping others.
- A methodical approach to troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Creative thinker with a growth mindset and love of learning.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the UK or Ireland. The compensation package will be aligned to each candidate’s experience and qualifications.
In March 2021, Four Winds Interactive (FWI), a leader in enterprise digital signage and workplace experience software, and Poppulo, a leader in email and mobile employee communication software, joined together to become the leading global employee communications provider for today’s world of work. Backed by Vista Equity Partners, our pioneering software and expert advisory services are transforming internal communications, creating more connected, aligned and successful organizations all over the world.
People are at the heart of everything we do, and we believe that an engaged workforce aligned behind a common purpose can transform the performance of any organization. That belief gives us our core purpose and mission: to create groundbreaking products and services that make organizations great by releasing the power of their people and putting employee communications at the heart of everything we do.
At Poppulo, we have been names a Great Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 , we are one of the fastest growing technology companies in Ireland. We are the leading vendor of sophisticated communication software designed specifically for the needs of internal communicators within large enterprises across the globe. Poppulo is trusted by over 400 blue-chip and FTSE 100 organizations throughout the world, helping many leading institutions inform, engage and inspire their employees. Customers include Boston Scientific, Telefonica, Rolls-Royce, Nestle, Experian and Johnson Controls.
About Four Winds Interactive:
FWI is the leading enterprise software company transforming customer and employee experiences with omnichannel corporate communications, office space optimization, and digital signage applications. Over 6,000 customers rely on FWI to power applications used by millions of people per year including retail marketing, employee communications, room and desk management, conference and event management, flight information displays, campus communications, emergency messaging, and more. We are a values-driven organization that encourages our employees to be authentic every day and empowers everyone to make a tangible impact on our products, clients, and culture. Our employees are passionate about their work—and the impact it has—but they are also parents, skiers, comedians, runners, animal lovers, foodies and phenomenal human beings who appreciate our dedication to providing a healthy work/life balance.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.