Are you searching for an opportunity to play a key role in driving the dramatic growth of a highly successful software company?
We at FWI and Poppulo have come together to create the market’s most comprehensive omnichannel employee communications platform with unmatched personalization, measurement capabilities, and class-leading space management solution. For the first time, organizations can instantly connect with every employee -- both disconnected and connected -- wherever they work, through a single omni channel platform.
The combined business currently serves 6,000+ customers, connecting with and serving content to over 35 million employees in more than 80 countries.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But truly, there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We are a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if you meet the requirements of this role in the broadest sense and if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day.
We are hiring backend engineers across a number of our teams here at Poppulo!
There is much more that we want to build and we work to continuously improve our current platform. We value skilled, enthusiastic engineers who are excited to learn. Join one of our cross functional teams (Development, Test, PM, UX/UI), in a supportive agile culture, where you can “Bring your best self”.
The opportunities available with us are full-time and permanent. Remote working is available within Ireland and the UK.
- Analyse, design and develop software based on user stories and requirements.
- Write clean and reusable code
- Revise, update and refactor code where applicable.
- Share your knowledge and expertise to improve the team & product
- Advocate for quality in both development and testing
- Work with Product Management to find economical technical solutions
- Establish security as part of the team’s work
- Prioritise iterative experimentation & learning
- Celebrate Wins, Losses & Learnings as a team
- Monitor performance & reliability and improve engineer experience
- 7+ years of experience as a backend engineer
- AWS knowledge (Here’s some services we use: api gateway, lambda, fargate, dynamoDB, IAM, cloudwatch, SQS, SNS)
- Practises of monitoring and debugging distributed systems
- Agile processes, SCRUM and/or Kanban
- Experience using DevOps practices on the full development lifecycle.
- Experience mentoring junior engineers.
Our ideal candidate would also have some of these:
- Experience with RESTful APIs & graphQL
- Experience engaging directly with customers
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Technology community involvement e.g. conferences, meetups, blogging, etc.
- History of continually learning and adapting to the latest trends and technology
- Great communication skills which you use to work with the wider team and department.
- An excellent workplace culture
- Competitive salary
- Company performance-related bonus
- Medical insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Educational assistance
- In-house soft skills training
Who We Are
We are a values-driven organization that encourages our employees to bring their authentic selves to work every day and empowers everyone to make a tangible impact on our products, clients and culture. We offer a dynamic environment with driven, fun and flexible individuals, who thrive on challenge and responsibility. This is an opportunity to contribute to our culture and join a company that’s on the move.
Named a Great Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 , we are one of the fastest growing technology companies in Ireland.
This is an opportunity to contribute to our culture and join a company that’s on the move. We live the Poppulo company values each day and they are key to everything we do.
“High Standards As Standard”, “Together We’re Better”, “Adapt To Succeed”, “Honesty Throughout”, “Be The Example”, “Don’t Just Work… Learn and “GET IT DONE”
FWI/Poppulo is an equal opportunities employer.