Are you searching for an opportunity to play a key role in driving the dramatic growth of a highly successful software company?
Poppulo is the global leader in the field of software solutions for Employee Communications. We are a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial and dynamic culture focused on the power of people, both within Poppulo and our customer base. Poppulo offers a dynamic environment with driven, smart and flexible individuals, who thrive on challenges and responsibility.
We are looking for someone to join our SRE Team. We are seeking an enthusiastic and resourceful engineer who is passionate about improving the productivity of our engineers. The right candidate will build on, and evolve our developer platform. This will assist fellow engineers in creating observable, scalable, resilient and reliable software. You will have scope to identify opportunities to measure and improve how we build, run and operate services, using tooling or writing custom solutions.
Why should I apply ?
- If Innovation and experimentation excites you this will be an integral part of the team's goals.
- Opportunity to build on, and evolve our developer platform.
- Exposure to the latest and popular technologies (AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Python)
- Working in a fast paced environment with a great team and supportive culture.
At Poppulo we believe that learning and innovation go hand in hand. Our company value of “Don’t just work, Learn” is alive and well in Engineering. We provide dedicated research time, unlimited access to learning material, book clubs, regular in-house tech talks, conference attendance…the list goes on!
What you’ll be doing
- Work with the SRE team to migrate existing on-prem services to the Cloud.
- Detect common problems across engineering teams and engineer solutions with the SRE team.
- Assisting in improving the observability of systems and applications
- Kubernetes configuration and deployments
- Encourage practices of monitoring (logs, metrics, tracing), alerting and visualisation stack
Some of the technologies you will be working with:
- Golang / Python
- Kubernetes & Docker
- ELK Stack
- Terraform / Ansible / Cloudformation
Candidate Expertise required
- 2+ years experience in software development, delivery engineering and/or DevOps.
- Programming experience in Python or Go, or other similar programming languages.
- Hands on experience with Android and iOS, deployment using tools like fastlane and xcode
- Experience working with Source Code repositories and CI/CD
- Experience deploying and operating services in AWS
- Understands the value of Monitoring, Alerting and visualization and has used tools to gain insights into systems.
- Linux knowledge
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A development background
- An innovative approach to finding solutions.
- A positive attitude and eager to learn new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Be passionately team-oriented and collaborative
- An excellent workplace culture
- Competitive salary
- Company performance-related bonus
- Medical insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Educational assistance
- In-house soft skills training
Who We Are
Named a Great Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 , we are one of the fastest growing technology companies in Ireland. We are the leading vendor of sophisticated communication software designed specifically for the needs of internal communicators within large enterprises across the globe. Poppulo is trusted by over 400 blue-chip and FTSE 100 organizations throughout the world, helping many leading institutions inform, engage and inspire their employees. Customers include Boston Scientific, Telefonica, Rolls-Royce, Nestle, Experian and Johnson Controls. This is an opportunity to contribute to our culture and join a company that’s on the move. We live the Poppulo company values each day and they are key to everything we do.
“High Standards As Standard”, “Together We’re Better”, “Adapt To Succeed”, “Honesty Throughout”, “Be The Example”, “Don’t Just Work… Learn and “GET IT DONE”
Poppulo is an equal opportunities employer.