We are now hiring for our new Mobile Team here at Poppulo!
This role is available for remote opportunities across Ireland. Our positions are permanent and full time.
Are you searching for an opportunity to play a key role in driving the dramatic growth of a highly successful software company?
Poppulo is the global leader in the field of software solutions for Employee Communications. We are a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial and dynamic culture focused on the power of people, both within Poppulo and our customer base. Poppulo offers a dynamic environment with driven, smart and flexible individuals, who thrive on challenges and responsibility.
At Poppulo we believe that learning and innovation go hand in hand.
Our company value of “Don’t just work, Learn” is alive and well in Engineering. We provide dedicated research time, unlimited access to learning material, book clubs, regular in-house tech talks, conference attendance…the list goes on!
Poppulo is going through a transformation.
We have a unique, but time-sensitive opportunity to define and own a new market in Enterprise Internal Communications.
We are significantly investing in enhancing our Poppulo Mobile Platform to ensure it remains compelling for large customers to deliver Organisational Communications across the enterprise. Mobile is a pivotal part of our larger platform and must meet all of the requirements of a large enterprise in terms of features and functionality, but also architectural best practises, quality, security and scalability.
You will work alongside a fun and highly motivated cross-functional team (Research, Development, Architecture, QA, PM, UX/UI), in a supportive agile culture, where flexibility allows you the best possible work-life balance.
This role’s focus will be to:
- Define the mobile platform architecture required to support millions of daily users.
- Create high-level product API boundary specifications and integration designs for automated continuous integration and continuous delivery/deployment
- Identify process and technology redundancies and gaps to improve operation and development efficiencies
- Produce, promote and govern scalable and reliable architectural patterns and standards to follow (with reference implementations)
- Create a map or blueprint of the structure and operations of Poppulo products in an enterprise organisation
- Guiding and assisting the development team throughout the DevSecOps and DataOps processes, including technical tradeoffs
- Collaborate on troubleshooting and resolving issues with tuning, coding or design
- Evaluate industry trends for opportunities and risks, including security
- Lead vendor and partner technical evaluations
- Mentoring, coaching, cultivating innovation and knowledge sharing across all business units
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to align architecture roadmaps with product vision, business value and agile delivery
- Represent the company at technical conferences, lead meetups and regularly publish blogs.
- You have at least 10 years experience in Product Development and Architecture, preferably in the area of mobile development.
- You have excelled and differentiated yourself as a leader and influencer, someone that engineers and the business listens to.
- You are a recognised technical expert in many technologies, and you have a solid understanding of cross platform technologies and integrations.
- You are influential in developing suitable architectural runways for the Engineering team.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator. You can explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are a change leader. You listen, negotiate, gain support and motivate people to move to the new position.
- You are strategic and innovative. You develop creative solutions to complex challenges using standards when available or by developing new standards when appropriate.
Some Relevant Functional Skills
- Mobile Application Architecture,Development and Deployment
- ReactNative, Objective-C, Swift and Java
- Cloud AWS/Azure knowledge
- Experience with RESTful services
- API Gateways, GraphQL and API best practices
- Experience engaging directly with customers
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Technology community involvement e.g. conferences, meetups, blogging, etc.
- History of continually learning and adapting to the latest trends and technology
- Experience in applying different techniques, tools and approaches based on the situation
- Experience with Business, Information/Data, Application or Technology architectures
- Experience architecting and building large scale cloud mobile solutions using ‘AWS Well-Architected Framework’ or similar
About our tech stack
We are constantly evolving our processes, approach, tools & techniques. At the moment we rely heavily on the following technologies, if you know something about them or have used them before that’s great:
- ReactNative, (Typescript/ES6, Reanimated, React Navigation)
- XCode/Android Studio, Fastlane
- Java, Kotlin, Swift
- AWS, Azure
- Angular, React
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Kafka, Kinesis
- Prometheus, Grafana
- Git, DevSecOps, CICD
- MySQL, Redshift, Cassandra, Aurora, Redis
- Junit, Jest, Espresso, XCUITest
- Choice of computer (Macbook Pros are standard issue)
- Competitive salary
- Performance-related bonus
- Family Healthcare (LAYA)
- Flexible working hours
- Educational Assistance Program
- Training and conference attendance
- Access to Safari Online
- In-house soft skills training
- In-house tech talks
- Research time
- Bike to work scheme
Who We Are
Named a Great Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 , we are one of the fastest growing technology companies in Ireland. We are the leading vendor of sophisticated communication software designed specifically for the needs of internal communicators within large enterprises across the globe. Poppulo is trusted by over 400 blue-chip and FTSE 100 organizations throughout the world, helping many leading institutions inform, engage and inspire their employees. Customers include Boston Scientific, Telefonica, Rolls-Royce, Nestle, Experian and Johnson Controls. This is an opportunity to contribute to our culture and join a company that’s on the move. We live the Poppulo company values each day and they are key to everything we do.
“High Standards As Standard”, “Together We’re Better”, “Adapt To Succeed”, “Honesty Throughout”, “Be The Example”, “Don’t Just Work… Learn and “GET IT DONE”
Poppulo is an equal opportunities employer.