Are you an ambitious, experienced Product Owner searching for an opportunity to bring your skills and capabilities to a fast growing, 270 person enterprise software company?
More than 900 companies worldwide rely on Poppulo’s software to better communicate with their employees and significantly enhance employee engagement. With over 25 million employees on our platform, we are changing how enterprises educate, align and inspire their employees.
Poppulo is a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial and dynamic culture focused on helping organizations grow by releasing the power of their people.
We offer a dynamic environment with driven, fun and flexible individuals, who thrive on challenge and responsibility.
We are looking to add a Product Owner to our product management team, reporting into the Group Product Owner. The Product Owner is a key role in maximising the business value we deliver as an organisation.
At Poppulo, you will
- Work with product managers to understand the product vision & roadmap, business context, and market information.
- You will partner with product managers, cross functional teams and architecture on shaping the roadmap into increments of business value.
- You will focus on product delivery where you will be an influential leader in improving product outcomes, and how we work as an organisation to achieve them.
- The product backlog is yours to create, own and prioritise, evolving it collaboratively with teams (including UX, test & architecture skill sets).
- You will drive and promote the adoption of agile processes within the organisation in collaboration with agile leaders in other functions.
- You will play a pivotal role in quarterly planning and in working with teams to regularly demonstrate value & elicit feedback.
- You will provide stakeholders with visibility and understanding of the value being prioritised and delivered.
- You will participate in product discovery & other customer calls to build first-hand your “voice of the customer”.
The below skills and experience is important for this position:
- 10+ years in a software industry - ideally SaaS - including 1+ years as a Product Owner or Technical Product Manager.
- You have a deep understanding of both product management and engineering, having worked successfully with both partners in the past.
- You are skilled at identifying routes to business value, bringing the voice of the customer and stakeholders into the room, evangelizing goals and outcomes to teams, and working with them to deliver solutions that delight.
- You are organised and a clear and compelling communicator.
- You are an accomplished agile practitioner who appreciates the core principles & supports their adoption in collaboration with engineering.
- Ideally, you have previous experience in organisations going through growth or change, and are excited to be a constructive influencer working as part of a team to reach new goals together.
- You have CSPO or equivalent certification.
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience with:
- Ordering Product Backlog to maximise value delivery
- Identifying value slices
- Successfully delivering through thin slicing, scope adjustment
- Communication & stakeholder management
- Release planning and estimation including forecasting what will be delivered in specific timeframes for Agile software delivery
- Articulating value of complex or obscure technological deliverables
- Engaging directly with customers
- Solving problems creatively and effectively
- Applying different techniques, tools and approaches based on the situation
- You are calm, steady, able to articulate needs & push back when the need is clear - or adapt in line with new information and understanding.
- You have been through growth/transformation in previous Organisations.
- You have a history of continually learning and adapting to the latest trends and practices.
What’s in it for you?
- Choice of computer (Macbook Pros are standard issue)
- Competitive salary
- Performance-related bonus
- Healthcare (LAYA)
- Flexible working hours
- Educational Assistance Program
- Training and conference attendance
- Access to Safari Online
- In-house soft skills training
- Bike to work scheme
Who We Are
Named a Great Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 , we are one of the fastest growing technology companies in Ireland. We are the leading vendor of sophisticated communication software designed specifically for the needs of internal communicators within large enterprises across the globe. Poppulo is trusted by over 400 blue-chip and FTSE 100 organizations throughout the world, helping many leading institutions inform, engage and inspire their employees. Customers include Aon Hewitt, Barclays, Comcast, Shell, Vodafone, Nike and Zurich. This is an opportunity to contribute to our culture and join a company that’s on the move. We live the Poppulo company values each day and they are key to everything we do.
“High Standards As Standard”, “Together We’re Better”, “Adapt To Succeed”, “Honesty Throughout”, “Be The Example”, “Don’t Just Work… Learn.
Poppulo is an equal opportunities employer.