Are you searching for an opportunity to play a key role in driving the dramatic growth of a highly successful software company?
Poppulo is the global leader in the field of software solutions for Employee Communications. We are a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial and dynamic culture focused on the power of people, both within Poppulo and our customer base. Poppulo offers a dynamic environment with driven, smart and flexible individuals, who thrive on challenges and responsibility.
We are looking for someone to join our SRE Team. As we build out the capabilities of this team we are seeking an enthusiastic and resourceful engineer who is passionate about improving the productivity of our engineers. You will have the opportunity to build on, and evolve our developer platform in order to increase our engineering velocity and bring value to our customers more efficiently. Working closely with all other teams in the engineering department, you will identify opportunities to measure and improve how we build, run and operate services, using tooling or writing custom solutions.
Why should I apply ?
- Opportunity to build on, and evolve our developer platform
- If Innovation and experimentation excites you this will be an integral part of the team's goals.
- Working in a fast paced environment with a great team and supportive culture.
At Poppulo we believe that learning and innovation go hand in hand. Our company value of “Don’t just work, Learn” is alive and well in Engineering. We provide dedicated research time, unlimited access to learning material, book clubs, regular in-house tech talks, conference attendance…the list goes on!
What you’ll be doing
- Advanced support in Kubernetes configuration and deployments
- Support and encourage best practices of monitoring (logs, metrics, tracing), alerting and visualisation stack
- Support SRE Cloud & On-Prem Infrastructure.
- Development and support of Internal Developer Platform, with a focus on x-as-a-Service.
- Detect and solve common problems across engineering teams.
- Encourage Best Practices, define guidelines, knowledge sharing
- Build close relationships with the Software Engineering teams, understanding their requirements, so that we can identify pain points and improve their ability to deploy code quickly and efficiently
Some of the technologies you will be working with:
- Kubernetes & Docker
- Golang / Python
- ELK Stack
- Terraform / Ansible / Cloudformation
Candidate Expertise required
- 5+ years experience in software development, delivery engineering and/or DevOps.
- Programming experience in Python or Go, or other similar programming languages.
- Deep understanding of Source Code repositories and CI/CD
- Strong working experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience deploying and operating services in AWS
- Has a strong focus on Monitoring, Alerting and visualization.
- Good Linux knowledge
- Validated experience with automation skills using Ansible, Terraform or Cloudformation
- Focus on delivering value to our customers.
- Have an innovative approach to finding solutions.
- Use data to drive decisions
- Be detail-oriented but able to see the big picture as well
- Have a successful track record within a fast paced, engaging, technology environment, working flexibly across a range of responsibilities
- Be a passionate advocate for DevOps culture and practices
- Have excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Be passionately team-oriented and collaborative
- An excellent workplace culture
- Competitive salary
- Company performance-related bonus
- Medical insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Educational assistance
- In-house soft skills training
Who We Are
Named a Great Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 , we are one of the fastest growing technology companies in Ireland. We are the leading vendor of sophisticated communication software designed specifically for the needs of internal communicators within large enterprises across the globe. Poppulo is trusted by over 400 blue-chip and FTSE 100 organizations throughout the world, helping many leading institutions inform, engage and inspire their employees. Customers include Boston Scientific, Telefonica, Rolls-Royce, Nestle, Experian and Johnson Controls. This is an opportunity to contribute to our culture and join a company that’s on the move. We live the Poppulo company values each day and they are key to everything we do.
“High Standards As Standard”, “Together We’re Better”, “Adapt To Succeed”, “Honesty Throughout”, “Be The Example”, “Don’t Just Work… Learn and “GET IT DONE”
Poppulo is an equal opportunities employer.