As an Engineering Team Lead, you will lead a product development team to ensure we deliver value to our customers through our product. To deliver this value, you will work with a cross-functional team including product management, UI/UX, developers, and QA while working closely alongside other teams and functions such as SRE and System Operations.
This is the first step on your career journey in Engineering Management.
We are looking for leaders. You are change inviting, good with ambiguity, influential, open, honest and trustworthy. You have at least 5 years software development experience, preferably using Java. You have experience in driving & delivering technical initiatives in partnership with Product Owners and/or Senior Engineers. You have great communication skills which you use to work with the wider team and department. You coach and mentor team members and foster a culture of learning and innovation within the team.
You would also have some combination of the following:
- Excellent collaboration skills and team-building ability
- A positive attitude and commitment to delivering value to customers
- A commitment to continuous learning and keeping up to date with engineering trends
- Constantly seek ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the engineering team
- Technology community involvement e.g. conferences, meetups, blogging, etc.
- Experience providing insights and driving adoption of relevant emerging trends (e.g. pair programming, lightning talks, conferences, design sessions, etc.).
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with Product Management to understand product priorities, getting customer feedback and on feature rollout.
- Coordinating solution design to solve our customer problems.
- Ensuring the highest quality standards are maintained by promoting a quality and testability focused culture.
- Working with Product Owners or Principal and Senior developers to manage and prioritise tasks to reduce technical debt throughout project phases working towards an architectural vision.
- Facilitating daily stand-ups/planning, ensuring bottlenecks are resolved and goals are efficiently met.
- Acting as point of contact and representative of the development team in meetings.
- Adopting lessons learned from retrospectives and experiments.
- Ensuring sound development discipline and code quality.
- Collaborating with the team, management, and other teams to develop a culture of continuous improvement (process and technical).
- Set and evaluate goals, conduct performance reviews, conduct regular 1-1 reviews, etc. and well as identifying skill gaps and training needs
- Providing input into hiring for the department e.g. conducting interviews, reviewing technical tasks, etc.
Who We Are
Named a Great Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021, we are one of the fastest growing technology companies in Ireland. We are the leading vendor of sophisticated communication software designed specifically for the needs of internal communicators within large enterprises across the globe. Poppulo is trusted by over 400 blue-chip and FTSE 100 organizations throughout the world, helping many leading institutions inform, engage and inspire their employees. Customers include Aon Hewitt, Barclays, Comcast, Shell, Vodafone, Nike and Zurich. This is an opportunity to contribute to our culture and join a company that’s on the move. We live the Poppulo company values each day and they are key to everything we do.
“High Standards As Standard”, “Together We’re Better”, “Adapt To Succeed”, “Honesty Throughout”, “Be The Example”, “Don’t Just Work… Learn.
Poppulo is an equal opportunities employer.