At Poppulo we believe that learning and innovation go hand in hand. Our company value of “Don’t just work, Learn” is alive and well in Engineering. We provide dedicated research time, unlimited access to learning material, book clubs, regular in-house tech talks, conference attendance…the list goes on!
We are expanding our engineering teams at Poppulo. There is much more that we want to build and we work to continuously improve. We value skilled, enthusiastic engineers who are excited to learn and work with new technologies. You will work alongside a fun and highly motivated cross-functional team (Development, QA, PM, UX/UI), in a supportive agile culture, where flexibility allows you the best possible work-life balance.
We believe in a collaborative work environment and we’ve built our office around it, with break- out zones and benches to allow us to sit together and pair program. We like code reviews and we use lots of whiteboards. The opportunities available with us are full-time and permanent.
You have at least 7 years experience using Java, ideally some of that working on a SaaS product. You have experience using Agile frameworks while developing software to a high standard following quality guidelines. You have worked using DevOps practices on the full development lifecycle. You have great communication skills which you use to work with the wider team and department. You mentor junior engineers.
You would also have some combination of the following:
- AWS knowledge
- Experience with RESTful services
- API best practices
- Experience engaging directly with customers
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Technology community involvement e.g. conferences, meetups, blogging, etc.
- History of continually learning and adapting to the latest trends and technology
- Experience in applying different techniques, tools and approaches based on the situation
About our tech stack:
We are constantly evolving our processes, approach, tools & techniques. At the moment we rely heavily on the following technologies, if you know something about them or have used them before that’s great:
- Continuous Delivery
- Test automation
Still interested? Please apply if:
- The work we’re doing sounds exciting!
- You want to be involved in building a product that many of the worlds largest companies use every day.
- You’re keen to learn more about new technologies and contribute to the future of internal communications.
- You’re passionately team-oriented and collaborative.
What’s in it for you?
- Choice of computer (Macbook Pros are standard issue)
- Competitive salary
- Performance-related bonus
- Healthcare (LAYA)
- Flexible working hours
- Educational Assistance Program
- Training and conference attendance
- Access to Safari Online
- In-house soft skills training
- In-house tech talks
- Research time
- Subsidised gym membership
- Bike to work scheme
Who we are…
Named a Great Place To Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 , 2019 and 2020, we are one of the fastest growing technology companies in Ireland. We are the leading vendor of sophisticated communication software designed specifically for the needs of internal communicators within large enterprises across the globe. Poppulo is trusted by over 400 blue-chip and FTSE 100 organizations throughout the world, helping many leading institutions inform, engage and inspire their employees. Customers include Aon Hewitt, Barclays, Comcast, Shell, Vodafone, Nike and Zurich. This is an opportunity to contribute to our culture and join a company that’s on the move. We live the Poppulo company values each day and they are key to everything we do:
“High Standards As Standard”, “Together We’re Better”, “Adapt To Succeed”, “Honesty Throughout”, “Be The Example”, “Don’t Just Work… Learn”.
Poppulo is an equal opportunities employer.