Poppulo is the global leader in the field of software solutions for Internal Communications. We are a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial and dynamic culture, focused on the power of people, both within Poppulo and our customer base. Poppulo offers a dynamic environment with driven, smart and flexible individuals, who thrive on challenges and responsibility.
As Poppulo grows, we are looking for the best talent to scale with our growth.
Our Infrastructure team is looking for a Senior System Engineer to build and grow our network, database and compute infrastructure and work with Product Development teams and external vendors to deliver the best experience for our technical teams and customers.
We are looking for an experienced Senior System Engineer that brings a broad range of technical skills, an automation and development focused mindset to solving problems and a good history of technical and personal experiences to bring diverse views to our team as we scale our infrastructure.
At Poppulo we are working in a strong and relaxed agile environment, following the DevOps practices of quick, safe and reliable product delivery. We believe in a collaborative work environment. We’ve built our office around it, with break out zones and benches to allow us to sit together encouraging pair & mob programming
You will be participating in the on-call rota, handling escalations and organizing incident response. Occasional travel may apply.
As part of a growing team and Organisation you will have strong technical abilities, a desire to continue learning and will be a team player, able to self organise, collaborate and manage efforts with peers and teams and make data driven decisions
Candidates will have
- 5+ years experience in a similar role, building, maintaining large scale distributed system in 24/7 production environment
- Have a proven track record of diagnosing and fixing critical issues in emergency situations
- Strong knowledge of running web applications in production
- Deep understanding of how compute, storage, and networks work together to be a high performance platform
- High level understanding of executing projects with full stack automation; we focus on using less manual intervention and work with internal and open source tools to automate daily activities
- Excellent Linux and command line knowledge
- Be comfortable reading and writing code and track changes using source control management with GIT
- Comfortable with configuration management systems (Ansible Preferred) and systems automation / infrastructure as code
- Be familiar with cloud architecture scalability challenges
- Have solid networking knowledge, TCP/IP stack, web services
- Be passionate about learning and exploring new technologies
- Know when to take ownership and when to ask for help or escalate issues.
- Good documentation hygiene, be able to draw diagrams and templates for the projects you’re working on and articulate implementation details to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Familiar with DevOps/SRE practices
- Excellent understanding of database technologies (MySQL, Cassandra), storage technologies (block storage, file storage, object storage) and message brokers (ActiveMQ, Kafka)
Experience in any of the following constitutes an advantage
- Familiar with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Containers (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Programming knowledge in Golang
- Network traffic switching, routing and load-balancing concepts
- Familiarity with infrastructure and application monitoring and logging stacks (Elastic Stack, Prometheus, Grafana)
- Linux virtualization, KVM
- Running and managing production systems in the cloud
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to learn and contribute to our cutting edge technology stack
- Exposure to DevOps culture and practices, with close collaboration with Software Engineering teams
- Choice of computer (Macbook Pros are standard issue)
- Competitive salary
- Performance-related bonus
- Medical Insurance (LAYA)
- Flexible working
- Educational Assistance Program
- Training and conference attendance
- Safari Online account.
- In-house soft skills training
- In-house tech talks
- Research time
- Bike to work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership and cinema tickets
- An excellent workplace culture