Poppulo is the global leader in the field of software solutions for Employee Communications. We are a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial and dynamic culture focused on the power of people, both within Poppulo and our customer base. Poppulo offers a dynamic environment with driven, smart and flexible individuals, who thrive on challenges and responsibility.
At Poppulo we believe that learning and innovation go hand in hand. Our company value of “Don’t Just Work, Learn” is alive and well. We provide dedicated research time, access to learning material, book clubs, conference attendance…the list goes on!
We are looking for a talented Senior UX Researcher to join our expanding UX Team. You’ll join an enthusiastic UX team that works across several product teams within our rapidly expanding Engineering Department.
Unlike many other UX roles, at Poppulo we own our product; so you can truly take ownership of your work. This is a full-time and permanent role.
You will be responsible for all aspects of research including planning, recruiting, moderation, analysis and reporting. You will design and conduct user research - identifying the best method based on research goals and resources.
- Collaborate with the rest of the UX team, Product Managers and Engineers to continuously identify opportunities and leverage user research insights
- Understand product roadmaps and be able to translate them into long-term and short term research plans
- Create and manage all the different UX Research materials (e.g. surveys), prepare and run the user interviews, usability tests and A/B tests
- Plan and implement processes and tools to aggregate and store user research data; making it useful and accessible across the organisation
- Perform data analysis and present key research findings and actionable recommendations to help everyone focus on user needs
- Regularly look outward to identify opportunities for improvement and to incorporate advancements in user research methods and tools
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- Help the UX team understand users’ needs so we can make Poppulo the most intuitive, engaging, world-class communications platform
- Collaborate on UX design studios, user journey mapping and whiteboard ideation sessions with your team and internal/external stakeholders
- Champion research at Poppulo, communicate research insights and recommendations across the company
- Positively motivate and influence teams with a problem-solving attitude
- Learn and grow constantly. Feed your passion for self-improvement while mentoring others around you
People we’re eager to work with are:
- Self-motivated and can work independently
- Excellent communicators with an ability to clearly articulate research insights
- Inquisitive about our users and their behaviour
- Problem solvers, comfortable with ambiguity and working in the conceptual space
- Enthusiastic and passionate about UX and technology
- Eager to promote user experience, to blog and talk about it!
- Detail oriented with an agile-friendly mindset
- 5+ years working as a user experience researcher on digital products with multi-disciplinary product delivery teams
- Expertise in conducting end-to-end user research studies; planning, recruitment, interviews, execution, analysis and delivery
- A Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or any UX related discipline or equivalent practical experience
- An expert's understanding of rigour and methodology in research and how to get the most out of a project with tight constraints
- Expertise in a wide variety of research methodologies and an ability to apply them on problems of different size and scope (qualitative and quantitative, tactical and strategic)
- Excellent communication skills to articulate, present, and speak clearly about user research concepts, methods and studies and findings
- Can showcase one or several significant UX Research project(s) they’ve been actively involved in
- Open to constructive critique and providing feedback
Nice to have, but not essential
- Knowledge of Pendo, ProdPad, Firebase and/or Google Analytics
- Knowledge of usability and design patterns best practice
- Experience in creating user flows, wireframes and interactive prototypes
What’s in it for you?
- Choice of computer (Macbook Pros are standard issue)
- Competitive salary
- Performance-related bonus
- Healthcare (LAYA)
- Flexible working hours
- Educational Assistance Program
- Training and conference attendance
- Access to Safari Online
- In-house soft skills training
- In-house tech talks
- Research time
- Subsidised gym membership
- Bike to work scheme
Who We Are...
Named a Great Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020, we are one of the fastest growing technology companies in Ireland. We are the leading vendor of sophisticated communication software designed specifically for the needs of internal communicators within large enterprises across the globe. Poppulo is trusted by over 400 blue-chip and FTSE 100 organizations throughout the world, helping many leading institutions inform, engage and inspire their employees. Customers include Aon Hewitt, Barclays, Comcast, Shell, Vodafone, Nike and Zurich. This is an opportunity to contribute to our culture and join a company that’s on the move. We live the Poppulo company values each day and they are key to everything we do.
“High Standards As Standard”, “Together We’re Better”, “Adapt To Succeed”, “Honesty Throughout”, “Be The Example”, “Don’t Just Work… Learn.
Poppulo is an equal opportunities employer.