Poppulo is the global leader in the field of software solutions for Internal Communications. We are a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial and dynamic culture, focused on the power of people, both within Poppulo and our customer base. Poppulo offers a dynamic environment with driven, smart and flexible individuals, who thrive on challenges and responsibility.
Poppulo is looking for someone to join the current Site Reliability Engineering team.
Reporting into our SRE Team Lead, you will make use of strong software engineering skills to build tools, adopt the latest technologies and enable Product Teams to deliver value faster with quality and reliability as our top priorities.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role you will be part of a team responsible for being the voice of reliability in the engineering department. This includes taking an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices, and enhancing our platform to enable our product engineering teams to build, run and operate services.
Your time will be split between working directly with our product teams and engineering solutions for our platform and reliability. You will work with and lead other members of the team in staying on top of key industry innovation and technology, and assist in team technical growth.
You will achieve this through great communication, collaboration and engineering skills.
Some of the technologies you will be working with:
- Kubernetes & Docker
- Google Cloud
- ELK Stack
- Terraform / Ansible / Cloudformation
Some examples of projects / tasks are:
- Automate creation of cloud infrastructure and services
- Improve the observability of systems and applications
- Create best practice guides around monitoring and alerting
- Development of SRE Internal Products to influence recommended behaviors
- Involvement during the design phase of architecture decision, implementation and orchestration
- Facilitate and roll out new processes eg SLO’s and SLI’s
Ideally the candidate would possess a combination of the following:
- 3+ years experience in SRE, Software Engineering or SysAdmin role with DevOps tools, practices, and culture.
- Good Linux knowledge
- Advanced programming languages like Golang and Java
- Experience with architecting scalable and reliable distributed applications
- Competencies in SDLC and release engineering including source code repository and CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong working experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Validated experience with automation skills using Ansible, Terraform or Cloudformation
- Be a passionate advocate for DevOps culture and practices
- Good awareness of security best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to effectively convey technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Passionately team-oriented and collaborative
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to learn and contribute to our cutting edge technology stack
- Exposure to DevOps culture and practices, with close collaboration with Software Engineering teams
- Choice of computer (Macbook Pros are standard issue)
- Competitive salary
- Medical Insurance (LAYA)
- Educational Assistance Program
- Training and conference attendance
- Safari Online account.
- In-house soft skills training
- In-house tech talks
- Research time
- Bike to work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership and cinema tickets
- An excellent workplace culture
- Company performance-related bonus
Who we are
Named a Great Place To Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 we are one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Ireland. We are the leading vendor of sophisticated communication software designed specifically for the needs of internal communicators within large enterprises across the globe. Poppulo is trusted by over 400 blue-chip and FTSE 100 organizations throughout the world, helping many leading institutions inform, engage and inspire their employees. Customers include Aon Hewitt, Barclays, Comcast, Shell, Vodafone, Nike, and Zurich. This is an opportunity to contribute to our culture and join a company that’s on the move. We live the Poppulo company values each day and they are key to everything we do:
“High Standards As Standard”, “Together We’re Better”, “Adapt To Succeed”, “Honesty Throughout”, “Be The Example”, “Don’t Just Work… Learn”.
Poppulo is an equal opportunities employer.