Poppin is looking for a Channel Manager, Architecture and Design to join our team in New York. As a Channel Manager, A&D, you will be responsible for managing, developing, and growing relationships and sales to architects and designers, while working closely with our Account Executives to maximize sales potential. This individual is the front-line resource for evangelizing and upholding the Poppin brand with the A&D community.
- Develop and nurture relationships at all levels within A&D accounts including: Principals, Business Development, Studio Heads, Design Directors, Designers, Project Managers and Resource Librarians
- Become part of the A&D community through educational library updates, lunch & learns, showroom presentations, relationship building lunches, dinners and attendance in other relevant A&D related networking activities
- Identify target A&D accounts within assigned territory
- Prospect within assigned A&D accounts to find new opportunities
- Interface with key furniture dealers within an assigned territory
- Manage project selling process as it relates to specific opportunities in assigned accounts; Identify players; proactively communicate with the Account Executives
- Understand all upcoming projects assigned A&D accounts are working on and how Poppin could add value
- Develop A&D generated sales on an annual basis
- Educate the A&D community about Poppin’s product line and differentiated sales process (no need for a dealer)
- Follow-up on new leads and referrals from the sales development and account executive teams
- Insure data integrity when creating records for contacts at A&D firms in our CRM
- Vet new opportunities from A&D accounts and partner with the appropriate account executive to close new business
- Thoroughly learn about Poppin’s products, mission, and business model
- Become a subject matter expert in Poppin’s proprietary and third party furniture lines
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working in or selling to the A&D community with at least 3 years experience furniture sales
- A minimum of a bachelors degree required
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills, especially to groups
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Understanding of the A&D community
- Ability to create strong, long lasting relationships
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, high energy, activity-driven sales environment
- Embody the Poppin brand and core values with customers and coworkers
We believe that outfitting your office should be easy—that's why we’ve reimagined the way people shop for their workspace. By eliminating middlemen, we’ve created a complete collection of commercial-grade office furniture and supplies while lowering prices and reducing delivery times. From startups to Fortune 500 companies, businesses rely on Poppin for complete workspace solutions to help build their brand and culture.
Recognized by Crain’s as one of NY’s fastest-growing businesses, we have furniture showrooms in New York, San Francisco, and Los Angeles, Boston, Washington D.C. and will have two more locations by the end of 2019. Our award-winning products are used in over 20,000 offices and sold in 3,000 retail locations nationwide.
“Work happy” isn't just our tagline, it's our ethos. We offer our team a mix of traditional and unconventional perks, and pride ourselves on providing top-notch benefits.