About the Role
Poolin’s Bitcoin mining facilities are some of the most advanced crypto mining facilities in the world. We currently operate two 300 megawatt sites in West Texas and have plans to build several other large sites throughout the US. Our on-site teams play a critical role in the success of Poolin's business by ensuring that our facilities operate smoothly.
As an I.T. Technician at Poolin, you will be part of our data center facilities management team. Our facilities are running 24/7 so we need team members who can operate at night. Daily responsibilities for this role include various duties such as installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and monitoring hardware for our data center facilities.
This position is in Pecos | Pyote, Texas. You will be required to either daily commute or relocate to the area.
The Impact You'll Make
- Monitor server uptime and performance and restart equipment if needed.
- Coordinate with onsite technicians to restart, repair, and replace equipment
- Inventory management, track all server inventory and ownership
- Remotely and physically deploy hardware and collect data needed for facility audits
- Audit hardware and company-owned fixed assets at facilities
- Remote rebooting, diagnostics, and facilitating repairs with our partners
- Installation and maintenance of equipment, and servers, lift 40-70 lbs
- Provide practical troubleshooting solutions and get ahead of problems before they start with basic hardware (ASIC)
- Create and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system
- Complete daily walkthroughs, inventory, and system checks
- Understand all aspects of the equipment you support and continue to learn to drive performance improvement of the hardware
- IT or onsite service background
- 1+ years experience in an IT role and a proven ability to provide a high level of skilled support
- Superior communications skills with the ability to interact, converse, and share ideas effectively with a wide range of people, internally and externally
- Must have reliable transportation
- Bonus Qualifications
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese
What We Offer
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Per diem to help with costs getting you to and from the site
- Company provided on-site lunches every day
Salary Range: $18 - $21/hr DOE
About the Company:
Poolin is a rapidly growing international team of dreamers and doers with headquarters located in Austin, TX. We manage a growing portfolio of industry-leading Bitcoin mining centers and offer some of the world’s best crypto-related software and financial services. Regardless of background or past industry experience, qualified individuals are invited to apply to any relevant positions and join us in our vision to increase the accessibility and security of the Bitcoin network.