Ponto is building the financial infrastructure to power the next generation of wallets, banks, and financial services by integrating local economies into the global financial system. Our mission is to power and provide access to the best financial experiences anywhere in the world, enabling the vast population of unbanked individuals across the globe to participate in the global economy.
We are looking for a skilled, versatile, and collaborative attorney to serve as our Commercial Counsel. You will be responsible for drafting and negotiating a variety of agreements laying the groundwork for Ponto’s mission including strategic partnerships, licensing, vendor relationships, business development, and platform services. You will draft or improve our form agreements, internal documents, and legal processes that help us scale globally. This role is for someone who can handle our contracts, which fall at the intersection and eventual combination of fintech and crypto.
In your role at Ponto, you will:
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements to support our business
- Advise executives on the various legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to commercial transactions and general operations
- Own administration and resolution of legal issues and contract interpretation matters that arise in existing commercial relationships
- Provide commercial transaction support for other departments as required
- You have 3–5 years of experience as a practicing transactional attorney with a focus on fintech and/or crypto. JD and Bar membership required.
- You have been the lead in drafting and negotiating strategic agreements, transactions or SaaS contracts for technology companies.
- You have an interest in working as an operator as much as you do a lawyer. You’re willing to use your legal skills and training to execute business opportunities end to end.
- You enjoy working collaboratively and cross-functionally, but can be decisive and move quickly when needed and appropriate.
- Interested in cryptocurrency, blockchain, and fintech and willing to become an expert. You don’t take yourself too seriously, but you do take significant pride in your work, and prioritize executing quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Good vibes all around.
- Best-in-class benefits package
- Meaningful and significant equity in a fast-growing startup
- Flexible vacation policy, with an annual minimum
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Generous wellness package that includes gym memberships
- In office, we pay for meals for our employees so you can focus on work
- A world-class environment in which to learn and do your best work