Ponto is building global infrastructure that serves as the bridge between digital assets and local economies. Through our API, developers can embed the ability to seamlessly convert any asset into another and move value anywhere in the world. Our mission is to enable global financial interoperability by removing regulatory and technical barriers, allowing entrepreneurs and enterprises to build the financial products of the future. Ponto is backed by the best firms and individuals with deep expertise and experience in our focus areas.
We are looking for a versatile, innovative and dynamic Senior Market Compliance Officer who is willing to work in an ambitious, young and smart company supporting our Chief Compliance Officer & MLRO developing a “state-of-the-art” Compliance Organization as a foundation for company’s successful business growth. This role is for someone who can handle the "business as usual" tasks but able and willing to expand their skillset into several other area and proactively help colleagues to stay fully compliant with internal high standards and regulatory requirements. You will be one of the key players in a highly innovative international team.
*Note: Employment in Germany will be through Bridge Trading GmbH, a subsidiary of the parent company Ponto.
In your role at Ponto, you will:
- Draft a variety of internal and external policies, procedures and market compliance processes to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and rules (e.g. MiFID, EMIR, WpHG, WpDVerOV) that govern trading business (particular stocks, exchange trade funds, derivatives, relevant digital assets and other products)
- Proactively work on implementing market standards on e.g. prevention of insider dealings, conflicts of interest management, watch- and restricted list management, prohibition of market abuse, best execution etc..
- Continuous work and improvement on our relevant risk mitigation measures and tasks
- Design and deliver training and advise business partners during product, services and channels development journey
- Act as the main point of contact for all market compliance relevant topics internally and externally
- Applicants must be legally able to work in Germany
- A very good knowledge of spoken and written German and English languages. Any additional language is a plus
- At least 7 years of experience working in international banks, financial institutions, payment service provider / FinTech or consulting company ideally with at least 5 years of experience within Market Compliance and/or Audit areas with relevant focus
- At least bank education or ideally successfully completed university studies or banking academy in the field of banking, law, economics or natural science
- Expertise in Market Compliance relevant topics and regulation with relevant, proven experience and skills
- Specific certifications are certainly a plus
- You have experience in implementing policies and procedures and deviating operational processes.
- Strong analytical skills and independent, result-oriented way of working
- You have experience in implementing policies and procedures and deviating operational processes
- You enjoy working collaboratively and cross-functionally, but can be decisive and move quickly when needed and appropriate
- Interested in cryptocurrency, blockchain, and fintech and willing to become an expert. You don’t take yourself too seriously, but you do take significant pride in your work, and prioritize executing quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Comprehensive benefits and compensation packages
- Flexible vacation policy, with an annual minimum of 30 Days
- Relocation Support
- A world-class environment in which to learn and do your best work