Ponto is building the financial infrastructure to power the next generation of wallets, banks, and financial services by integrating local economies into the global financial system. Our mission is to power and provide access to the best financial experiences anywhere in the world, enabling the vast population of unbanked individuals across the globe to participate in the global economy.
We're looking for backend software engineers with a passion for building reliable and scalable systems that power great products. Our team is diverse, empathetic, and mission-driven. Our ideal teammate is one who shares our drive to effect positive change, with a willingness to jump into any aspect of our system and our work.
Although experience in fintech, blockchain, or crypto is valuable, you don't need to have any experience in these areas to join us!
In your role at Ponto, you will:
- Design and build highly available, resilient, and performant production systems that power financial services for a large number of end-users. Security will be at the forefront of how you design and operate these systems.
- Design and implement data collection and manipulation pipelines.
- Design well-abstracted and documented APIs for our customers and partners.
- Rigorously develop and implement automated testing to cover the full gamut of functionality in our systems, including unit tests, integration tests, and end-to-end tests.
- Setup and manage CI/CD pipelines and other developer tooling to increase your team's engineering velocity.
- Learn your way around public cloud providers and their numerous service offerings.
- Work with a diverse, talented, and kind group of people with many different roles in performing all of the above.
- Hands-on experience with distributed systems such as Spark, Kafka, or Cassandra, but no experience with a specific technology is required.
- Strong coding skills in any object-oriented language. We believe languages can be learned and are far more interested in your general engineering abilities.
- An inclusive, collaborative, and respectful attitude, along with great critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Best-in-class benefits package
- Meaningful and significant equity in a fast-growing startup
- Flexible vacation policy, with an annual minimum
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Generous wellness package that includes gym memberships
- In office, we pay for meals for our employees so you can focus on work
- A world-class environment in which to learn and do your best work