Pomelo is on a mission to improve the lives of immigrants and their loved ones abroad by extending the U.S. credit system internationally. We are proud to be the first fintech company to combine international money transfer and credit, making money transfers refreshingly free, fast, and secure.
As an early-stage start-up, we are building a product that rethinks what money transfer can do for people, existing at the intersection of family, personal finance, consumer credit, and global remittances.
We’re a team of ~30 and are growing our San Francisco headquarters. Our investors include Keith Rabois of Founders Fund (CEO at Opendoor, former COO of Square), Kevin Hartz (Co-founder/CEO of Xoom), The Chainsmokers, The Weeknd, and more.
Pomelo is hiring a Senior-level Product Manager to work on our global financial platform that's revolutionizing access to credit and the U.S. financial system, opening the door to a new worldwide consumer base. In this role, you'll report to our VP of Product and own a major product area(s). Some example product areas include core product (credit), product expansion, market expansion (we're currently available in the Philippines and expanding to Mexico and India next), and growth.
- At least 4-6 years of experience in a product manager role or similar.
- Consumer product experience - You’ve built successful products for end users that are loved.
- Fintech experience - Bonus points for prior work in money transfers, consumer credit, or consumer payments.
- Readiness to work in an early-stage startup - You have previous early-stage startup experience or can showcase your initiative, proactive problem-solving, and drive.
- Communication and collaboration skills - You’re impact-oriented in your written and verbal communication.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a technical domain.
Pomelo takes a market-based approach to compensation, offering equity and a base salary as part of the compensation package. The estimated base salary range for this role is $168,000 - $195,000 per year. Exact compensation may differ from this range and depends on the candidate’s experience, domain expertise, and interview performance.
Benefits and Perks
- ❤️ A meaningful mission and an opportunity for direct social impact. We’re putting real money back in the hands of the people who need it most and helping immigrants and their families realize the American dream.
- 👥 An amazing team and culture. You’ll have peers from both top tech companies (e.g. Google, Twitter, Microsoft) and other successful startups (e.g. Affirm, Remitly, MemSQL). We empower each other to do great work and continue growing.
- 💪 Opportunity for major impact, learning, and growth.
- 🏥 Platinum-level health insurance (medical, dental, vision) — with 100% covered by the company for you and 50% for dependents.
- 🌴 PTO: 3 weeks in your first year, 4 weeks thereafter, plus national holidays
- ✈️ $1,500 annual travel stipend
- 😌 $300 annual wellness stipend
- 🖥 $500 home office setup stipend
- 🗺 Twice-a-year company retreats. Previous trips include skiing in Park City and getting sun and surf in Cabo, Mexico.