ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position will report to the COO of Fund Administration Services. The Senior Director will be responsible for overseeing the operations and functions of the PE/VC Client Services department focusing on technical expertise, communication, accuracy and timeliness. In addition, the Senior Director will be required to develop relationships with top-tier clients; coach and mentor direct reports; and monitor team profitability, capacity and adherence to core processes and procedures. The team currently consists of 30-40 people; approximately 60+ clients with over 200 reporting entities. The ideal candidate has 15+ years of experience in fund administration, direct fund operations and/or related public accounting work.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage and monitor department utilization, client profitability, team capacity and timing and quality of client deliverables.
- Oversee operations of the department and predict key measurables far enough in advance to either course correct or petition for necessary resources to stay on track.
- Oversee the creation of overall work plans for fund accounting staff; monitor work in progress on all engagements.
- Liaise with the Client Success team to ensure a smooth transition from the sales process to ongoing client service.
- Lead technology improvements and guide the development of necessary tools.
- Actively participate in the leadership of fund administration services.
- Provide technical assistance to team members with a high degree of competency and serve as a resource on client and internal personnel matters.
- Develop trusting relationships with top-tier clients to gain a full understanding of their firm, overall strategy and structure.
- Review and consult on key legal fund documents.
- Ensure that teams have necessary resources to service the most complex engagements.
- Partner with other senior directors and directors to help ensure consistent deployment of fund services.
- Resolve escalation matters in a mutually beneficial manner to maintain alignment on overall expectations.
- Ensure that all core processes are followed consistently across the entire PE/VC client services team.
- Ensure teams adhere to the fund documents and assess areas of risk.
- Actively participate in the consistent improvement of tools, training and processes as it relates to the portfolio accounting process for all types of investments, including digital assets and cryptocurrency.
- Stay up-to-date on accounting pronouncements within the digital assets ecosystem.
- Ensure adherence to the core annual audit process, including the preparation of annual financial statements.
- Assist with the career development of team members.
- CPA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership role and 10+ years’ managing a staff of accountants
- 15+ years’ experience working in fund administration, for a private equity/venture capital firm or on audits for closed-end funds
- Advanced industry knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Working knowledge of digital assets and cryptocurrency preferred
- Preferred experience with Allvue, Investran or similar fund accounting software