Who we are:
PolySign is a startup in downtown Oakland working in the area of institutional custody for cryptocurrencies. Our solution will be a key component to the mainstream adoption of cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies are an exciting emerging market with considerable opportunities for success. As member of a small, world-class technical team, you can can have a huge impact on our solution and the success of cryptocurrencies.
PolySign is co-founded by Arthur Britto, a co-founder of Ripple, a recognized leader in payments technology.
What you'll do:
As an integral member of the backend team, you'll participate in architecture sessions and provide valuable input, while also learning from the senior members of the team. You'll be expected to design, implement, and maintain APIs that are well-tested, well-documented, and maintainable. You like coding clean, and take deadlines seriously.
You'll also have plenty of mentorship opportunities, and will be expected to constantly learn and push your own technical boundaries.
- Experience building and maintaining APIs.
- Solid knowledge of Python from a backend/object-oriented perspective (not just data science or scripting)
- Experience with SQL databases.
- Awareness of concepts related to distributed systems (e.g. message queues, asynchronous tasks, pub-sub systems).
- Proficient in at least one compiled and one interpreted language.
Nice to have
- Experience in C, AWS, Kubernetes
- Experience with cryptography or blockchain
Our key technologies:
- Backend: Python (gRPC, Tornado), C, postgresql, RabbitMQ
- Infrastructure: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
- OS: Linux
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join a well-funded, cutting-edge financial technology company at a very early stage
- Competitive salary and equity
- Competitive medical benefits
- Flexible working policies: we work twice a week from home
- Smart coworkers who are world class experts in the field of cryptography