Welcome to Polymath Ventures! The Venture Studio for Latin America.
We are a group of entrepreneurs with the goal to empower the middle-class of Latin America through designing from scratch digital companies that give fair access to quality services and better income-generating opportunities. We believe that this is the best way for sustainable economic development — and the most meaningful way to invest in our talent and energy.
WE ARE SEEKING AN INVESTMENT ASSOCIATE TO JOIN OUR YOUNG AND FAST-GROWING TEAM
With six existing ventures, a number of new ones to be incubated in the coming years and in the midst of raising around $30M into Polymath, we engage in extensive fundraising and investment activity. We raise funds from a wide variety of investors, including Angel Investors, Family Offices, HNWIs, DFIs, VCs, and Strategic investors locally and internationally. We invest in our ventures from Pre-Seed to Series C.
The Investment Associate role will be with Polymath’s Investment team, working closely with the CEO and CFO to both raise funds into Polymath and analyze and execute investments. This will be a very interesting and valuable role for anyone interested in gaining exposure to VC investments and/or entrepreneurship, with unique exposure to both the fundraising and investment processes and the opportunity to work directly with entrepreneurs.
Specific responsibilities will include:
1. Working closely with Polymath’s CEO and CFO to raise the second tranche of a $30M fundraise into Polymath’s holding company.
- Supporting the process of building new leads and opportunities for fundraising, both locally and internationally and project managing the investment funnel
- Owning the financial model for Polymath’s investment vehicle
- Owning the pitch materials
- Coordinating and project managing due diligence from potential investors
2. Working closely with Polymath’s CFO to execute follow-on investments into Polymath’s six portfolio companies and set up a portfolio management process. Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the structuring of investment round terms and negotiations with ventures
- Putting together investment memorandums to present to Polymath’s Investment Committee
- Coordinating the due diligence around the investment processes
- Supporting the planning, execution, and management of a portfolio management process
WHY BUILD WITH US?
- Join one of the most talented teams in Latin America with the right methodology to dramatically increase the likelihood of startup success
- Build something important that impacts customers' lives and employs 1000s of people
- See the direct results of every ounce of sweat (and tears)
Starting date: Immediate
Location: Bogotá, Colombia