Welcome to Polymath Ventures! The Venture Studio for Latin America.
We are a group of entrepreneurs building digital companies to empower the middle-class of Latin America. We do so through intentionally designed solutions built from scratch that give fair access to quality services and better income-generating opportunities. We believe that this is the best way for sustainable economic development — and the most meaningful way to invest in our talent and energy.
We are looking for an Entrepreneur in Residence to work alongside our team of builders in the design, validation, and scaling of our next new venture.
As an Entrepreneur in Residence, you will have the opportunity to become a founder & c-level of this new venture in the next 6-12 months. How? You will go through an entrepreneurial journey alongside our building experts and current founders to evolve your capabilities and increase your chances of becoming a successful entrepreneur.
As an EIR you will have to:
- Lead one key area of the new company: product / ops / growth / tech
- Leverage your business experience to transform a concept into a viable business model
- Lead a high potential team towards reaching product-market fit through the process of experimentation and learning
- Steer the direction of the business towards scalability and healthy growth
What are we looking for?
- > 7 years of work experience
- Senior leadership experience in core functional roles in high-growth startup environments: C-level or Operations / Growth / Product / Data /Tech Experience
- Experience building and leading teams from scratch
- Hunger to be an entrepreneur and potential founder
- Entrepreneurial instincts: risk-taker, proactive and hands-on
- Openness and reflectiveness to learn and change perspective when needed
- Long-term commitment to build and scale a startup in Latam
- Stellar communication in English and Spanish
A plus if you have:
- Real experience as founder/co-founder of your own digital company
- Great leadership skills and social influence
- Structured thinking process to solve big challenges
- Creative mindset over complex problems
Location: Colombia, Peru, or Mexico.
Why join us?
- Be a C-level Founder. You will have the opportunity to become a founder & c-level, in the next 6 to 12 months, of a new venture that has been built for the middle-class in Latin America. Together we will de-risk the company, aiming for big success.
- Leverage strategic functions. You will lead a fully funded venture (first 18 months) alongside a multidisciplinary team of experts in Fundraising, Talent, Finance, Marketing, and Legal.
- Build with one of the most talented teams in Latin America. You will work alongside top and motivated talent from diverse fields and exceptional mentors - our CEO Wenyi Cai and Polymath Ventures founders - that will support and challenge you to get to the next level.
- Be part of our network of founders, investors, advisors, and an extensive community of allies.
- Access to unique methodologies to build new ventures. You will gain exceptional experience designing and building great companies, through our methodologies, resources and connections to increase your success.
- Receive compensation from Day 1. You will have financial compensation and equity in the group from the 1st day. We believe EIRs are essential to the evolution of our ventures, so we invest in you from the get-go.
Notes on Compensation:
- We work in a highly entrepreneurial environment, so you will typically see a salary offer lower than corporations but with an interesting equity compensation structure.
- You will build your entrepreneurial path, which could lead to gaining significant founder equity in your own venture.