ABOUT THE VENTURE
Elenas is a digital direct sales channel which allows women in Latin America to earn extra income by sharing and selling products that they love in a risk-free way.
Direct sales is a 25 billion USD industry across Latin America, but the four companies who control the market have innovated very little on their model over the past decades; we are going to change that by digitizing the direct sales experience for both sellers and end-buyers.
Elenas is a Polymath Ventures company based in Bogotá, Colombia. Polymath has built 7 social impact-focused businesses in Latin America, raising over 60 million USD in funding.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a user-experience (UX) designer with a focus in user research and product design to join the growing product team of a high-growth Latin American start-up.
The UX designer will be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating these interactions into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The UX designer will also be expected to help design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
You’ll work directly with our computer engineerings and graphic design teams to envision, iterate, and deliver on concepts and will work with our management team to help guide the strategic direction of our product development.
Salary is at competitive local market rates, with options for equity compensation and significant growth based on performance.
You’ll be working among a world-class team of entrepreneurs and business people who have collectively started 20+ companies in the US, Europe, and Latin America
Opportunity to live and work in an exciting and diverse location centrally located within Colombia and Latin America. Help with visa and relocation if needed.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Customer obsession: At Elenas human-centered design and a customer-first perspective is at the core of who we are and in your role you’ll be leading our efforts in these areas. You should be someone who loves to talk to and understand customers and who can understand their needs and translate them to teams across the business. You should be detail-oriented and love to craft an amazing experience for users.
- Entrepreneurial drive: We are looking for someone who loves to build from scratch and wants to be involved in the business at every level: discussing long-term strategy one day and building our product the next. You should be comfortable with the ambiguity and risk associated with this type of business, but excited about the potential for huge-growth in the near future.
- Strategic mindset: We are constantly solving difficult problems and evaluating the business at a strategic level. You will be a key part of those discussions and we need someone with the analytical capability to contribute on a consistent basis.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field (UX design, graphic design, interaction design, product design, or similar)
- Two or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer etc. Basic coding and graphic design skills are a plus, but not a priority.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of human-centered design, planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
You can upload your portfolio as:
- a file (in the space of cover letter)
- or as a link in the last question
Any application that comes without a portfolio will not be considered.