ABOUT THE VENTURE
Nido is an online platform for renting rooms in Mexico City that provides landlords an easy way of increasing their rental income and roomies a streamlined experience to find their ideal room.
We use data from different sources to improve pricing of rooms and better match supply (housing stock for rent) and demand (roomies looking for a room to rent).
Nido is a Polymath Ventures company. Polymath has built 65 social impact-focused businesses in Latin America, raising over 20 million USD in funding. We have just launched the company, and during the next months we will be targeting strong growth in Mexico City and and building a world class product for both tenants and landlords.
For developers, Nido presents an opportunity to build our technology from scratch and design a product which will combine marketplace technology, an innovative mobile-app, and big-data based back office. We’re looking for a driven computer engineer who can lead the development of our initial product and help build our team. The main areas of focus will be the development of our technical product, map our data strategy, and build out and manage the development team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Work alongside the founding team to scale the business and be involved in strategic decision-making
- Join a fast-growing company from the very early days and solve tough problems
- Get exposure to all areas of the business - product, marketing, tech and strategy
- Lead your own projects from day 1
- Work among a world-class team of entrepreneurs and business people who have collectively started 20+ companies in the US, Europe, and Latin America
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Entrepreneurial drive: We are looking for someone who loves to build from scratch and wants to be involved in the business at every level: discussing long-term strategy one day and getting their hands dirty building the next. You should be comfortable with ambiguity and risk associated with this type of business, but excited about the potential for huge growth in the near future.
- Getting things done: Our team moves incredibly fast and this person needs to be able to plan and execute quickly without excuses. You should be excited about experimenting, figuring out how to get things done yourself and fail fast so that we can continuously improve.
- Customer focus: At Nido and Polymath Ventures, human-centered design and a customer-first perspective are at the core of who we are. For you, building a solution and product which our clients love should be your top priority.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience as Full Stack Developer- Strong OOP skills and application architecture experience
- Prior management of development teams as a Lead Developer/Scrum master/CTO/ VP of Engineering or similar
- Either English or Spanish fluency, preferred if you have both
- Experience working on mobile applications preferred
- Development experience preferred: React, Python, PHP, Angular, SQL
- Familiarity with lean and scrum methodologies and ability to implement and manage them in an early stage environment
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)