ABOUT THE VENTURE
- VincuVentas is an employment technology company specializing in careers in sales. Through data analytics and a human-centered approach, VincuVentas demystifies — and quantifies, the magic behind what makes a good salesperson, allowing sales professionals to best profile themselves, and companies to find just the right candidate for their needs.
- VincuVentas is transforming employability in emerging markets, unleashing economic development through solving the supply-and-demand disconnect for sales positions utilizing our Artificial Intelligence recruitment platform
- We have over 750,000 registered candidates which makes us the biggest sales oriented candidate data base in Colombia, and we have grown considerably in Mexico after our Laung in 3Q 2018
- VincuVentas is a Polymath Ventures company based in Bogotá, Colombia. Polymath has built 7 social impact-focused businesses in Latin America, raising over 30 million USD in funding
ABOUT THE ROLE
- We are seeking a strategic commercial leader who is passionate about selling a powerful disruptive idea even before it becomes a tangible product and can effectively close deals with top leaders of other organizations. This C-level will continually improve and develop the product concept with the feedback he gathers from clients.
- The Chief commercial Officer will be directly responsible for acquisition and activation of both candidates and companies. We need a CCO that is able to handle difficult negotiations and can enroll others into VincuVentas.
- The CCO should be able to deeply connect with the importance of Human Resources for organizations to thrive and build a strong network around this matter.
- Ambition to think and build big is a must.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Commercial horsepower: You should be a strategic sales leader that can successfully achieve the buy in of others into an idea/product (even when is not tangible yet).
- Getting things done: Our team moves incredibly fast and this person needs to be able to plan and execute quickly without excuses. You should be excited about experimenting, figuring out how to get things done yourself and failing fast so that we can continuously improve.
- Leadership presence: You should be someone who inspires others with their passion for the business and the product we’re building. We want a leader who can attract other top talent to the team and help them to grow and learn within our organization.
- Talent centric: At VincuVentas we are developing a product to solve the most pressing issues of organizations worldwide. It’s all about talent. So we need someone that can feel passion for this topic and deeply connect with others about this need.
- Customer focus: At VincuVentas human-centered design and a customer-first perspective is at the core of who we are. For you, building a solution and product which our clients love should be your top priority.
- 7+ years of working experience in high-growth environments
- Incredible sales/commercial experience and skills
- Analytical strength
- High empathy
- Exceptional leadership qualities and demonstrated experience leading teams
- Great risk appetite (you should expect high participation, not high salaries)
- Flexible, quick thinking and learning mindset
- Ambition to build an incredible organization
- Long-term commitment to building venture in Colombia
- Fluency in English and Spanish
IMPORTANT COMMENTS ON COMPENSATION AND RISK-TAKING
We work in a highly entrepreneurial environment, with the expectation that all parties involved take real financial risk to build a successful company and thus produce life-changing financial outcomes.
As opposed to building a company on your own, founders receive salaries on day one, as well as the support and guidance of the Polymath Community. Most of our founders are looking to change their career path and become entrepreneurs. At Polymath this usually means taking a significant pay cut. We would typically see a ~4K USD/month salary range in the first year and increasing quite substantially after subsequent funding rounds (roughly each year, as the venture is more capitalized). However, this substantial pay cut is compensated through substantial equity ownership in the business. Thus, should the business be successful (which we work on accomplishing together!), the financial outcomes will be many times more than the financial risk taken.