Elenas is revolutionizing the direct sales market for 11 million women across Latin America. Our digital platform connects consumer brands with a community of social media savvy sellers who promote products to their networks. Recognized by TechCrunch as one of the top 15 tech companies in Latin America we are building the technology which will enable sellers to earn more for their families and give brands across the region access to an innovative digital sales channel. Our platform connects brands, sellers and end-clients via mobile applications which optimize the sales and distribution process for all parties. By combining the power of personal relationships with machine learning based recommendations we enable our sellers to earn more in less time.
For developers, Elenas presents an opportunity to build industry-first technology from scratch and design a product which will combine marketplace technology, an innovative mobile-app, and big-data based purchasing recommendations, consumer personalization algorithms, and dynamic content.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for passionate engineering and data science talent to work with us on a very diverse set of challenges. Here are a few examples of what you’ll be working on:
- Working closely with the leadership team to determine strategic decision making based on the data and experiments we have conducted
- Structure, define and measure key product and business metrics
- Analyse and translate complex data from different sources into insights and actionable strategies
- Challenging business and product teams by asking key questions around metrics and how different decisions have an impact on them
- Working with marketing, growth, data, and product leads to uncover new insights and opportunities for cross-team collaboration
- Utilizing data analysis to better understand customer behavior and demographics behavior
- Building basic categorization and machine learning algorithms to provide customized experiences for our sellers
- Bachelor degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and findings with actionable conclusions backed by data.
- Seriously passionate about solving data problems.
- Coding skills in Python are preferred, back-end development experience is a plus
- Experience delivering visual data analyses with tools like Pandas, SQL, Jupyter
- Ability to structure and apply continuous improvements to relational databases
- Experience working with data analytics and visualization tools like Mixpanel, Redash, and Metabase
- Either English or Spanish fluency, prefered if you have both
WHAT WE OFFER
- Immense growth opportunities, including training programs in a variety of fields from tech and product design to finance and management to help you better develop your skills and grow within the organization
- Salary is at competitive local market rates, with options for equity compensation and significant growth based on performance
- Freedom to bring up ideas, work on new projects, and manage your own time in an organized environment
- Facing always new interesting challenges on the edge of new research fields
- You’ll be working among a world-class team of entrepreneurs and business people who have collectively started 20+ companies in the US, Europe, and Latin America
- Opportunity to live and work in an exciting and diverse location centrally located within Colombia and Latin America. Help with visa and relocation if needed.
- Elenas being part of the wider Polymath Ventures group, a Colombian company builder, gives you the unique opportunity to connect to people that have been involved in all stages and aspects of creating and running start-ups