Nido (https://www.nidorooms.com/) is an online platform for renting rooms in Mexico City that provides landlords an easy way of increasing their rental income and roomies a seamless experieece to find their ideal room
We use data from different sources to improve pricing of rooms and better match supply (housing stock for rent) and demand (roomies looking for a room to rent)
Nido is a Polymath Ventures company. Polymath has built 7 social impact-focused businesses in Latin America, raising over 20 million USD in funding
We have launched our MVP 1.0, and during the next months we will be targeting growth in Mexico City and improving our product based on tenant and landlord feedback
Nido is Polymath´s newest and first Mexican venture.
Who are CEOs within Polymath?
Venture CEOs are Latam’s top entrepreneurial talent who join us to build big. They are folks with the horsepower, experience, and grit to lead a venture to success. CEOs join us as partners, taking significant equity ownership in the funded venture, plus a startup salary.
Polymath Partners and staff work directly alongside CEOs for the first year, before Polymath begins to take steps away, and the venture management and their team continue leading the venture. Our venture leaders come from incredibly diverse backgrounds..check out our Founders!
Why build with us?
- Join one of the most talented teams in Latin America with the right methodology to dramatically increase the likelihood of startup success
- Join a funded business concept, ready to launch on Day 1, plus a network of investors to support further funding rounds
- Build something important that impacts customers' lives and employs 1000’s of people
- Own a substantial portion of the company that converts into life-changing financial outcomes
- See the direct results of every ounce of sweat (and tears)
- Stop thinking about starting something... actually do it!
We are looking for individuals with the following characteristics
- A leader passionate about strategy and product design, development and roll-out
- Excited to bring affordable, professional, high-quality home solutions to the LatAm middle class
- 7+ years of working experience in high-growth environments
- Incredible analytical and problem solving horsepower
- Great risk appetite
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Flexible, quick thinking and excitement to learn in rapid learning cycles
- Strong, proven leadership abilities with building and developing multi-disciplinary teams
- Track record as a self-starter with demonstrated ¨rolling-up-your-sleeves¨ attitude
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills; ability to synthesize complex information into clear messages
- Resilience and grit in challenging situations
- Ambition to build big
- Committment to living in Mexico for many years, experience in the home improvement industry very important
- Fluency in English and Spanish
IMPORTANT comments on compensation and risk-taking
We work in a highly entrepreneurial environment, with the expectation that all parties involved take real financial risk to build a successful company and thus produce life-changing financial outcomes.
As opposed to building a company on your own, Founders receive salaries on day one. However, within the Polymath model, senior Founders are expected to take significant haircuts from their market salary. This is well-overcompensated for through substantial equity ownership in the business. Thus, should the business be successful (which we do everything in our power to accomplish together), the financial outcomes will be many times more than the financial risk taken.
With regard to salary, we would typically see a salary below market range in the first year, and increasing quite substantially after subsequent funding rounds (roughly each year, as the venture is more capitalized). After proving the business can work, salaries of C-level individuals substantially increase. So most of the risk lies in the first year of the business.
We realize this starting salary is well below market salary. But given the substantial levels of equity participation, and the need to give the business as much runway in the first year to prove success, this is the entrepreneurial reality. And after further rounds, the salary does go up to more reasonable levels, though will never reach full market salary (this is entrepreneurship and we want risk takers!)
A few of Polymath's successes so far
- 7 ventures launched since late 2012
- Over 250 people employed across the Polymath group
- All ventures have raised external rounds of capital
- Táximo, our first company, is now the largest taxi administration company in Colombia, and the founders have become Endeavor Entrepreneurs; the company has also opened an office in Peru.