WHO ARE SERVICE DESIGNERS WITHIN POLYMATH?
As Polymath is a company builder, Service Designers are part of the 0 to 1 talent in the Polymath organization. We need top-caliber service designers to work with teams of an early-stage, rapidly growing portfolio company in which they lead the understanding of customer segments, preferences, and service or product design. A Service Designer works at the intersection of design and business, alongside Polymath Partners and venture Founders to build and grow the company. Service Designers are fully integrated within a venture or a Polymath project, leading all user-centric research and understanding and thereby contributing to steering the direction of the company.
WHY BUILD WITH US?
- Join one of the most talented teams in Latin America with the right methodology to dramatically increase the likelihood of startup success
- Build something important that impacts customers' lives and employs 1000’s of people
- See the direct results of every ounce of sweat (and tears)
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
- Real operational experience. You will play critical roles to grow or start ventures and manage strong operational teams.
- Methodologies to build new ventures. You will gain exposure to Polymath’s model of designing and growing new businesses.
- Entrepreneurship in emerging markets. You will gain a deep understanding of building companies within more difficult, yet high-potential markets.
- Working alongside top, diverse talent. You will gain exposure to top global talent from diverse fields: design, business, technology, etc.
- Exposure to venture finance. We will keep you connected with the strategy behind venture funding.
- Balancing business with impact. You will see how we create value for investors, users, and employees.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS
- 4+ years of working experience in high-growth environments
- Robust experience in end-to-end Service or UX Design Projects
- Ability to apply a variety of HCD tools to drive customer understanding
- Ability to synthesize complex and ambiguous information
- Experience in building rapid and iterative prototyping
- Great risk appetite and ambition to build bigAbsolute fluency in English and Spanish
On top of that, we are looking for:
- Growth mindset - You have a deep desire to learn and improve yourself, and have the resilience required to fail, get up and try again
- Bias to action - You don’t act hastily, but deliberately: you try something out, see if it works, and then try again
- Ownership - You solve the problem at hand, demonstrate follow-through, and simply put: get things done
- Day 1 attitude - You never take an expert view and approach each challenge you face with a beginners mindset
A FEW OF POLYMATH'S SUCCESSES SO FAR
- 6 ventures operating, since launching Polymath in 2012 (1 more to be launched by the end of 2019)
- Operations in Colombia, Mexico and Peru
- Over 300 people employed across the Polymath group
- Táximo, our first venture, operates in Colombia, Peru and Mexico, and the founders have become Endeavor Entrepreneurs. Recently closed a Series B round of financing
- Aflore, our second company, closed a substantial Series A round from Fiinlab, an innovation lab of Gentera, a publicly traded financial firm in Mexico