Vincu is an employment technology and analytics company with the mission to increase job stability for people in lower income segments.
We aim to achieve this with two interconnected products: The job platform vincu.com we have been building over the last couple of years connecting companies and candidates through a two-way recommendation system, and a new analytics solution for big companies helping them to solve internal problems like high turnover rates.
About the role
We are looking for passionate engineering and data science talent to work with us on a very diverse set of challenges. Here are a few examples of what our team is working on:
- Ensuring smooth operation of the platform with over 600,000 registered users in Colombia and Mexico.
- Improving job matching using a mix of statistical models, machine learning and ranking algorithms.
- Provide great user experience especially for users with low end mobile devices and bad network connections.
- Exploring new channels like chatbots to interact with our users in a more personalized way
- Analyze data from multiple sources to detect patterns in employee turnover and produce forecasts and recommendations on how to reduce it..
What you bring
- Bachelor degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Open-mindedness and high willingness to learn
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and findings with actionable conclusions backed by data.
- Seriously passionate about solving data problems.
- Coding skills in Python.
- Analytical experience with tools like Pandas, SQL, Jupyter.
What we offer
- Immense growth opportunities, including training programs in a variety of fields from tech and product design to finance and management.
- Time to understand problems and come up with adequate solutions instead of rushing out features as fast as possible.
- Freedom to bring up ideas and manage your own time in an organized environment.
- Facing always new interesting challenges on the edge of new research fields.
- Work with an international team of people from different backgrounds
- Vincu being part of the wider Polymath Ventures group, a Colombian company builder, gives you the unique opportunity to connect to people that have been involved in all stages and aspects of creating and running start-ups.