ABOUT THE VENTURE
- Nido (https://www.nidorooms.com/) is an online platform for renting rooms in Mexico City that provides landlords an easy way of increasing their rental income and roomies a streamlined experience to find their ideal room
- We use data from different sources to improve pricing of rooms and better match supply (housing stock for rent) and demand (roomies looking for a room to rent)
- Nido is a Polymath Ventures company. Polymath has built 5 social impact-focused businesses in Latin America, raising over 20 million USD in funding
- We have launched our MVP 1.0, and during the next months we will be targeting growth in Mexico City and improving our product based on tenant and landlord feedback
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Work alongside the founding team to scale the business and be involved in strategic decision-making
- Join a fast-growing company from the very early days and solve tough problems
- Get exposure to all areas of the business - product, marketing, tech and strategy
- Analyze and implement strategic growth opportunities that will take Nido to the next level
- Learn the tool-set required to be a successful entrepreneur
- Lead your own projects and implement new processes from day 1
- Work on the full deep-dive process; ideation, exploratory research, hypothesizing, project scoping, experimental design, communicating results, drawing insights, and recommending actions to the rest of the leadership team.
- Work among a world-class team of entrepreneurs and business people who have collectively started 20+ companies in the US, Europe, and Latin America
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Entrepreneurial drive: We are looking for someone who loves to build from scratch and wants to be involved in the business at every level: discussing long-term strategy one day and getting their hands dirty building the next. You should be comfortable with the ambiguity and risk associated with this type of business, but excited about the potential for huge growth in the near future.
- Getting things done: Our team moves incredibly fast and this person needs to be able to plan and execute quickly without excuses. You should be excited about experimenting, figuring out how to get things done yourself and failing fast so that we can continuously improve.
- Customer focus: At Nido and Polymath Ventures, human-centered design and a customer-first perspective are at the core of who we are. For you, building a solution and product which our clients love should be your top priority.
- Graduated from a top-tier university or business school (Bachelor or Master)
- Experience in high-performance environments, e.g. startups or strategy consulting.
- Strong analytical skills and are a fast learner: Demonstrated interest in continuously developing yourself and learning new skills.
- Highly analytical and KPI-driven, with the ability to use structured and unstructured data to develop strategies and draw learnings
- Previous experience in a role requiring rigorous analytical, data-driven problem solving, quantitative analysis, and communicating findings to Co-Founders/Leadership Teams
- Hands-on experience developing operations and customer service processes, driven by continuous learning & improvement
- Excited about living in Mexico City
- Fluent in English and ideally in Spanish (otherwise, great opportunity to develop Spanish fluency)