PRINCIPAL (SENIOR MEMBER)
Polymath Ventures is looking for new members to join the senior ranks of the organization. Polymath has grown tremendously over the last few years, and with expansion from Colombia into other markets, we need exceptional, senior individuals that will allow Polymath to grow to the next level.
WHO ARE PRINCIPALS WITHIN POLYMATH?
Principals are partner-tracked, top-caliber business thinkers and operators who play critical roles across the Polymath Group. With exceptional horsepower and management skills, a principal leads teams through the design and acceleration of an early-stage, rapidly growing Polymath company. Within the Polymath context, a Principal could essentially serve as the interim-CEO for one of our early-stage companies. in that sense, a Principal can handle the management of many individuals leading various, complex work-streams in a fast-paced, ambiguous, startup environment.
Principals additionally take partner-level responsibility, participating in most partner decisions, and taking increasing weight of the organization (responsibility of Polymath, not just the ventures). In that sense, Principals are not just tasked with helping launch and grow our portfolio ventures, but also to help grow Polymath itself. Principals, along with Partners, manage various large sections of the company: investment, talent acquisition, design & acceleration, talent development, finance, etc.
In additions, Principals are at many times placed in venture advisory roles. Thus, the ability to help guide and influence the direction of ventures on a strategic and operational level is paramount.
To be clear, Principals are not consultants to our companies. They are almost always fully integrated within a venture or a Polymath project, leading teams to overcome key challenges and steer the direction of the company.
WHY BUILD WITH US?
- Join one of the most talented teams in Latin America with the right methodology to dramatically increase the likelihood of startup success
- Build something important that impacts customers' lives and employs 1000s of people
- See the direct results of every ounce of sweat (and tears)
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
- Real operational experience.We are not consultant, we are hands on operators. You will gain exceptional experience in not only designing great companies, but building them as well.
- Methodologies to build new ventures. You will gain exposure to Polymath’s model of designing, and growing new businesses.
- Entrepreneurship in emerging markets. You will gain a deep understanding of building companies within more difficult, yet high-potential markets.
- Working alongside top, diverse talent. You will gain exposure to top global talent from a diverse fields: design, business, technology, etc.
- Exposure to venture finance. We will keep you connected with the strategy behind venture funding.
- Balancing business with impact. You will see how we create value for investors, users, and employees.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
On the formal side of things, you will have:
- 7+ years of working experience in at least two of the following areas: startups, management consulting, technology, data science or organizational behavior
- True venture operations experience (not just pure consultancy or strategy)
- Incredible analytical horsepower
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and SpanishHigh empathy
- Exceptional leadership qualities
- Great risk appetite and ambition to build big
To set yourself apart, you will bring:
- Practical experience using SQL for data analysis
- A background in product prototyping and testing
On top of that, we are looking for:
- Growth mindset - You have a deep desire to learn and improve yourself, and have the resilience required to fail, get up and try again
- Bias to action - You don’t act hastily, but deliberately: you try something out, see if it works, and then try again
- Ownership - You solve the problem at hand, demonstrate follow-through, and simply put: get things done
- Day 1 attitude - You never take an expert view and approach each challenge you face with a beginners mindset
A FEW OF POLYMATH'S SUCCESSES SO FAR
- 6 ventures operating, since launching Polymath in 2012 (1 more to be launched by the end of 2019)
- Operations in Colombia, Mexico and Peru
- Over 300 people employed across the Polymath group
- Táximo, our first venture, operates in Colombia, Peru and Mexico, and the founders have become Endeavor Entrepreneurs. Recently closed a Series B round of financing
- Aflore, our second company, closed a substantial Series A round from Fiinlab, an innovation lab of Gentera, a publicly traded financial firm in Mexico