WE ARE LOOKING FOR A MAINTENANCE LEADER
We are looking for a maintenance leader who is hungry to grow a challenging, high-potential, and impactful startup. The Maintenace leader will design, implement and control the corrective preventive and predictive maintenance plan for the Taximo fleet in Colombia, Perú and Mexico, working alongside the founders to overcome maintenance challenges.
WHAT WILL YOU DO AS A MAINTENANCE LEADER?
- Ensure Maintenance Planners have the organizational tools to ensure accountability, timely and quality repairs, of maintenance services
- Enhance and maintain maintenance training programs in coordination with all departments
- Conduct service review meetings with clients, employees and vendors concerning performance and process improvements
- Analyze maintenance processes, make recommendations for action needed and implement new procedures to ensure department is efficient and within budget
- Conduct on-site inspections of all Perú, Colombia y México facilities see that operations of each shop are productive and efficient
- Oversee solicitations of parts/service bids as well as negotiate terms and performance standards for service/maintenance related contracts
- Ensure contractor expectations are met in terms of reliability, on time performance, and regulatory compliance
- Handle all personnel issues including hiring and terminations
- Coordinate with Maintenance Planners to ensure quality service work is being performed daily and within budgets
- Oversee control of vendor supplies and warranty cost savings
WHY BUILD WITH US?
- Join one of the most talented teams in Latin America mobility ecosystem
- Be part of a cross geography growing start up
- Build something important that impacts an entire organization since day 1.
- See the direct results of every ounce of sweat.
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
- Manage one of the more challenging departments: Maintenance is one of the most critical departments in a growing fast startup as it is Taximo.
- Real operational experience. You will be part of a high performing team in charge of running a key department in the organization
- Entrepreneurship in emerging markets. You will gain a deep understanding of building companies within more difficult, yet high-potential markets.
- Working alongside top, diverse talent. You will gain exposure to top entrepreneurial team from Latin America in diverse fields: design, business, technology, etc. and the opportunity to work side by side with Polymath Partners.
- Balancing business with impact. You will see the direct impact of your work, building incredible teams that are key to venture success
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUAL WITH THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS
- 4+ years of experience working in multi-location environment and staff management
- Leadership experience within a large fleet and facility environment of 5,000 vehicles
- Experience Designig utilitary vehicle maintenance schedules.
- Experience Managing utilitary Vehicle Shops and Parts vendors.
- Vehicle Fleet scheduling demand planning.
- Computer proficiency in Excel
- Excellent personal leadership skills and proven ability to build, develop, and motivate teams
- Proactive, well-organized and results-oriented with the ability to lead and participate in multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Availability to work flexible hours as required
- Availability to travel
- Rigorous, organized, superb with deadlines and commitments
- Analytical and operational mind to break through tough problems
- Entrepreneurial mindset (ability to excel in startup environment)
- Willingness to work in a collaborative work environment
- Independent person, capable to manage the Maintenance department for 3 countries
- Flexible, quick thinking and learning
- Fluency in English and Spanish required