WHO ARE THE BUSINESS DESIGNERS WITHIN POLYMATH?
A Polymath's Business Designer is a top-caliber business thinker who will work with teams of an early-stage, rapidly growing Polymath company. Business Designer works directly alongside Polymath Partners and venture's Founders to build and grow the company. They are fully integrated within a venture or a Polymath project, leading teams to overcome key challenges and steer the direction of the company.
WHY BUILD WITH US?
Join one of the most talented teams in Latin America with the right methodology to dramatically increase the likelihood of startup success
Build something important that impacts customers' lives and employs 1000s of people
See the direct results of every ounce of sweat (and tears)
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
- Real operational experience. We are not consultants; we are hands-on operators. You will gain exceptional experience in not only designing great companies but building them as well. Methodologies to build new ventures. You will gain exposure to Polymath’s model of designing and growing new businesses.
- Entrepreneurship in emerging markets. You will gain a deep understanding of building companies within more difficult, yet high-potential markets.
- Working alongside top, diverse talent. You will gain exposure to top global talent from diverse fields: design, business, technology, etc.
- Exposure to venture finance. We will keep you connected with the strategy behind venture funding.
- Balancing business with impact. You will see how we create value for investors, users, and employees.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- On the formal side of things, you will have:Masters degree/MBA
- 4+ years of working experience in at least two of the following areas: startups, management consulting, technology, data science or organizational behavior
- Incredible analytical horsepower
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and SpanishHigh empathy
Great risk appetite and ambition to build big
To set yourself apart, you will bring:
- Practical experience using SQL for data analysis
- A background in product prototyping and testing
On top of that, we are looking for:
- Growth mindset - You have a deep desire to learn and improve yourself, and have the resilience required to fail, get up and try again
- Bias to action - You don’t act hastily, but deliberately: you try something out, see if it works, and then try again
- Ownership - You solve the problem at hand, demonstrate follow-through, and simply put: get things done
- Day 1 attitude - You never take an expert view and approach each challenge you face with a beginners mindset
A FEW OF POLYMATH'S SUCCESSES SO FAR
- 6 ventures operating, since launching Polymath in 2012 (1 more to be launched by the end of 2019)
- Operations in Colombia, Mexico and Peru
- Over 300 people employed across the Polymath group
- Táximo, our first venture, operates in Colombia, Peru and Mexico, and the founders have become Endeavor Entrepreneurs. Recently closed a Series B round of financing
- Aflore, our second company, closed a substantial Series A round from Fiinlab, an innovation lab of Gentera, a publicly traded financial firm in Mexico