Polygence is the playground where students find their ‘why’. Polygence is the largest project-based guided mentorship program for high school students with a singular focus on helping students rediscover the joy of learning through personalized passion projects supervised by academic mentors with exceptional backgrounds and top university degrees. Polygence connects students with these expert mentors to help them discover, explore and showcase their passions.
Polygence is backed by top-tier Silicon Valley VC firms, including Reach Capital, Floodgate, Learn Capital and Alibaba Enterpreneur’s Fund and counts Udemy's top former executives among its closest advisors. At Polygence, the ultimate surge of adrenaline comes from hearing thousands of our students and mentors rave about their learning experience and describe its life-changing impact.
The Partnerships Manager creates and executes a student recruitment strategy via partnerships including but not limited to Independent Education Consultants (IECs), Agents, and High School College Counselors. The person in this role takes an active approach to identify and nurture partnerships with college counselors/consultants who work directly with high school students on their applications and essays for college admissions.
- Create and implement strategies that expand the footprint of college counselors that refer students to Polygence
- Interface with college counselors assigned to you to support them and their students on Polygence applications
- Leverage a data-driven approach to develop and implement partnership development strategies
- Evangelize the benefits of Polygence to college counselors and the education community
- 2-3 years of experience in a sales role (full-cycle sales OR partnership management experience a plus)
- Previous experience in a student-facing role (e.g., teacher, college counselor, mentor, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced, deadline-driven organization
- Outstanding communication, customer service, and presentation skills
- 5 years of experience as a college counselor/consultant
- Member of IECA (Independent Educational Consultants Association) or other similar education organization
- Experience using CRMs (HubSpot a plus)
- Previous student recruitment OR admissions planning experience
- Located in close proximity to a major metropolitan area (NYC, Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco preferred)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity
- Flexible, remote-first company
- Health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- An amazing team and coworkers you like!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $90,000 per year, depending on qualifications.
- Monday to Friday
- Up to 10% travel required
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Medical: Aetna PPO & Kaiser HMO
- Dental: Guardian
- Vision: Guardian
- Employees work directly with their manager to schedule time off as needed
- 11 scheduled holidays