Polygence is the playground where students find their ‘why’. Polygence connects students with expert mentors who help them discover, explore and showcase their passions. We offer them the space to tinker and dabble in topics they find genuinely exciting and personally relevant under expert guidance personalized to their needs.
Polygence is backed by top-tier Silicon Valley VC firms, including Reach Capital, Floodgate, Learn Capital and Alibaba Enterpreneur’s Fund and counts Udemy’s former CEO and COO among its closest advisors. At Polygence, the ultimate surge of adrenaline comes from hearing thousands of our students and mentors rave about their learning experience and describe its life-changing impact.
As a Product Marketing Manager at Polygence, reporting to the VP of Product, you will develop our product marketing strategy; leading product positioning, creating compelling product narratives, iterating on feature definition, guiding the evolution of our product messaging and establishing net new product categories. You will live-and-breathe research to develop a deep, evolving understanding of our product, our market, and our customers—and their needs. And you will constantly collaborate with leaders across the organization, including Design, Product, Marketing, and Sales to ensure we are moving together.
We are a start-up, which means we move fast. But we slow down and invest when necessary. We are remote, which means we articulate and document our thought processes and decisions in a supportive and collaborative environment. You’ll laugh a lot. You’ll love working with your teammates. And they will love working with you.
In this role you will lead product marketing efforts that deliver value to our customers. You will collaborate with our talented Product, Sales, and Customer teams every day to help deliver beautiful products that our customers love. Polygence Product Marketing Managers understand that the product isn’t just the product, so work cross-functionally across the organization to drive full experiences for our customers. Your leadership, vision, and ability to inspire a team will be key to your success.
Who you are
- A customer whisperer that understands our customers better than they understand themselves.
- Your talent for delivering the right message, through the right channel, at the right time, to the right audience to maximize impact is downright scary.
- Your decisions are driven by data, but you have the confidence to make smart bets in its absence.
- Track record of working with Product and Marketing teams: people want to work with you again!
What you’ll do
- Conduct primary and secondary market research to inform go-to-market strategy, target segments, and messaging for our key audience segments.
- Develop insight-led, differentiated positioning that clearly communicates the value of our products to our partners and customers.
- Support growth by, working closely with our Product, Marketing, and Sales teams to deliver customer insights to shape the product roadmap, preparing go-to-market plans that drive adoption, coordinating customer communications that clearly communicate our product value, and supporting sales positioning and team enablement.
- Partner with the Product team on product strategy, and act as the voice of the customer to balance company vision with customer needs.
- Become an expert on our customers to inform your prioritization and design of features.
- Help with sales enablement materials, and other content that is product-focused and helps convert new customers.
- Run onboarding programs to make sure new users ramp up quickly, and campaigns to drive ongoing engagement.
- Close the loop on feature development to ensure customer value is actually realized.
- Actively work to build an environment that supports every person bringing their best self to work.
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA preferred.
- 4+ years of product marketing experience, ideally including both B2B SaaS and B2C.
- Ability to develop, validate, and refine value propositions, positioning, and key messaging.
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally to build successful go-to-market plans that drive adoption and engagement.
- Customer-centric mindset with an understanding of how to use data and research, and translate them into meaningful, actionable recommendations.
- Ability to build integrated marketing strategies, choosing the right channels to bring products to market
- Professional experience as a Product Marketer for multiple teams, for multiple products, including at least one B2C product.
- Have helped launch a product, delivered it to customers, and supported its evolution in production.
- Experience working with pre-college students is a plus, not a requirement.
You’ll thrive in this role, if you can think fast and slow. If you excel with autonomy. If you are not intimidated by ambiguity. Appreciate the challenges that come with a seed-stage startup. If you like the rapid feedback loop of delivering directly to customers every week. If you enjoy working with a smart and collaborative team.
- Medical: Aetna PPO & Kaiser HMO
- Dental: Guardian
- Vision: Guardian
- Employees work directly with their manager to schedule time off as needed
- 11 scheduled holidays
- Employee Referral Program