Polygence overview: High school students spend over 4,000 hours being lectured at, despite overwhelming evidence that students learn best through project-based learning. Polygence is an online marketplace for intellectual passion projects that was built with a singular focus on helping students rediscover the joy of learning through personalized projects supervised by academic mentors.
Polygence’s rapid growth has been driven by a top-notch team of entrepreneurs, engineers, researchers and educators united by an uncompromising mission to reshape education around the globe by making it project-focused. At Polygence, the ultimate surge of adrenaline comes from hearing our students rave about their learning experience and describe its life-changing impact.
We are looking for a mission-driven Lifecycle Marketing Lead to develop, implement, and optimize company-wide lifecycle marketing strategies for multiple customer types (students, parents, mentors) across a range of touchpoints (email, in-app message, SMS, mobile notifications). This role will own how and when we communicate with our customers with the goals of improving conversions, engagement, and retention. The role is on the Marketing team and will work closely with, among others, Product, Design, and Engineering.
In the first 3 months, you will…
- Develop and begin implementing a lifecycle marketing strategy that aligns to organizational priorities, accounts for stakeholders’ needs, and sends the right message to the right user at the right time in the right channel.
- Manage day to day operations of email strategy and production, QA, and campaign optimization.
- Help define conversion, engagement, retention, and LTV goals.
- Create and execute A/B tests, analyze results, and optimize accordingly.
- Partner cross-functionally with Product, Design, Engineering, Data, Student Ops, and Mentor Ops teams to develop engaging and seamless experiences that increase conversion, engagement, and retention.
In your first 6 months, you will…
- Manage other touchpoints including in-app messages, SMS, push notifications, and explore other communication channels.
- Understand the customer journey and use data to segment users and create and manage a personalized communication strategy.
- Deliver on conversion, engagement, retention, and LTV goals.
In your first year, you will…
- Analyze data to understand cohort behavior, segment audiences, identify untapped audiences, and find gaps in the customer experience.
You’ll thrive in this role, if you ...
- Have 4+ years of relevant work experience in marketing strategy and email execution.
- Have experience with a major Email Service Provider or CRM platform (e.g. Hubspot).
- Understand email nurturing methodology and best practices.
- Have built a customer journey experience including audience segmentation, trigger logic, optimization and more.
- Are an analytical thinker with a can-do, problem-solving attitude and a depth of knowledge in digital analytics, campaign tracking, and ROI metrics.
- Have a growth mindset and are always thinking of how to progress users to the next stage in their relationship with a brand.
- Medical: Aetna PPO & Kaiser HMO
- Dental: Guardian
- Vision: Guardian
- Unlimited PTO - employees work directly with their manager to schedule time off as needed
- 11 scheduled holidays
- Competitive salary
- Employee Referral Program