Polygence overview: High school students spend over 4,000 hours being lectured at, despite overwhelming evidence that students learn best through project-based learning. Polygence is an online marketplace for intellectual passion projects that was built with a singular focus on helping students rediscover the joy of learning through personalized projects supervised by academic mentors.
Polygence’s rapid growth has been driven by a top-notch team of entrepreneurs, engineers, researchers and educators united by an uncompromising mission to reshape education around the globe by making it project-focused. At Polygence, the ultimate surge of adrenaline comes from hearing our students rave about their learning experience and describe its life-changing impact.
Position Overview: As a Senior PM for Growth at Polygence, reporting to the VP of Product, you will contribute your world-class Product skills to deliver thoughtful product experiences that delight users. You will take complex and potentially intimidating human interactions and make them simple, fun and engaging. You will investigate & use data to understand our customers and run new experiments to increase growth. And you will constantly collaborate with leaders across the organization, including Design, Product, Marketing, and Ops.
We are a start-up, which means we move fast. But we also adhere to solid design practices and principles in our work. We are remote, which means we articulate and document our thought processes and decisions in a supportive and collaborative environment. Our growing dev team is amazing, you’ll love working in our agile environment. And they will love working with you as our first dedicated PM.
In the first 3 months, you will…
- Quickly ramp up on the industry, our customers, our products, and the value we deliver to the students we work with.
- Assume ownership of our top-of-funnel growth metrics and start making changes that drive incremental growth and CRO.
- Become an expert on our current SEO strategy and implementation
In your first 6 months, you will…
- Develop a comprehensive strategy for driving growth that prioritizes the available levers and investments needed to achieve it.
- Build growth loops into the business that provide continued growth over time
- Determine the best deployment of our referral programs
In your first year, you will…
- Bask in the glory of the well-oiled growth machine you’ve built.
- Begin llaying the foundation for expanding the team to help continue the momentum you have built over your first year.
You’ll thrive in this role, if you can think fast and slow. If you excel with autonomy. If you are not intimidated by ambiguity. Appreciate the challenges that come with a seed-stage startup. If you like the certainty and clarity of a single, transparent measure of success. If you enjoy working with a smart and collaborative team.
- Medical: Aetna PPO & Kaiser HMO
- Dental: Guardian
- Vision: Guardian
- Employees work directly with their manager to schedule time off as needed
- 11 scheduled holidays
- Employee Referral Program